Monday, December 9, 2013

Memorize the bible - 1 Cor 4:3-5

Let's go over this verse because it has given me all kinds of trouble. And after all this time, I still don't get it.
One heart, the ram is real. That's the picture, "one heart" stands for 1 Corinthians. " Ram is real" stands for the numbers 4: 3,4,5. Put together that is, 1 Cor 4:3-5.
The ram is real because in the Old Testament judges used to wear a ram's horns headdress.  So here, I envision Jesus Christ wearing a ram's horns headdress, sitting on a judge's seat, with a gavel in one hand.
The ram is also real because Jesus Christ is the Lamb of God.
Verse 3- So, I envision a bunch of rams surrounding me. This is to represent the words "judged of you". As I look at the rams, they get smaller and smaller. This is to represent the words, "a very small thing". Then, the ram's horns appear on my head. And I hurry up and toss them off.  Because "I judge not mine own self."
Verse 4- I put on a dunce hat and sit in the corner.  "I know nothing by myself".  The Lord is standing before me with ram's horns.  "He that judgeth me is the Lord."
Verse 5- I look at my watch and put on the ram's horns when the Lord appears. "Judge nothing before time until the Lord come."  The Lord shines a flash light into the darkness. "who will bring to light the hidden things of darkness".  From the darkness come talking hearts.  "manifest the counsels of the hearts".  The Lord pets all the sheep on the head.  "then shall every man have praise of God."
1 Corinthians 4:3-5
King James Version (KJV)
3 But with me it is a very small thing that I should be judged of you, or of man's judgment: yea, I judge not mine own self.  4 For I know nothing by myself; yet am I not hereby justified: but he that judgeth me is the Lord.  5 Therefore judge nothing before the time, until the Lord come, who both will bring to light the hidden things of darkness, and will make manifest the counsels of the hearts: and then shall every man have praise of God.
I love this verse and I use it often in my apologetics.  Why?
Well, one of the things that Protestants object to is the fact that we don't judge ourselves saved.  They readily claim salvation by faith alone and believe they are saved immediately when they claim that they have saving faith.
But the Catholic Church teaches that God is our judge.  We don't judge ourselves.  We can't judge anyone's salvation.  We are taught to do good and let God be our Judge.  Claiming salvation for ourselves, is, in fact, the sin of presumption:
TRENT VICHAPTER XIIRASH PRESUMPTION OF PREDESTINATION IS TO BE AVOIDED
No one, moreover, so long as he lives this mortal life, ought in regard to the sacred mystery of divine predestination, so far presume as to state with absolute certainty that he is among the number of the predestined,[74] as if it were true that the one justified either cannot sin any more, or, if he does sin, that he ought to promise himself an assured repentance.
For except by special revelation, it cannot be known whom God has chosen to Himself.
And this is a teaching straight from Scripture. 
For good measure, I'm also going to review the old picture I had developed for this verse:
Well, let's look at the words then:
3But with me it is a very small thing that I should be judged of you, or of man's judgment: yea, I judge not mine own self.  4For I know nothing by myself; yet am I not hereby justified: but he that judgeth me is the Lord.  5Therefore judge nothing before the time, until the Lord come, who both will bring to light the hidden things of darkness, and will make manifest the counsels of the hearts: and then shall every man have praise of God.
1. I am small - But with me it is a very small thing that I should be judged of you, or of man's judgment: yea, I judge not mine own self.
2.  Jesus judges me - For I know nothing by myself; yet am I not hereby justified: but he that judgeth me is the Lord.
3.  I am surrounded by false judges and Jesus pulls me into the light - Therefore judge nothing before the time, until the Lord come, who both will bring to light the hidden things of darkness
4.  The hearts of the saints become visible - and will make manifest the counsels of the hearts: and then shall every man have praise of God.
And the word picture I originally used was the vision of the Sacred heart meaning 1 Cor and a picture of a Ram representing the Lamb of God and the word "real".  The Ram is real!
1 Cor 4:3,4,5 The Sacred heart of Jesus and the Ram is real!
Ok, well, I'll have to come back to that.  But I think its beginning to stick.
Sincerely,
De Maria

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for contributing.