Thursday, September 22, 2016

If we are not justified in Baptism...Then Christ died in vain.


Re: If we are not justified in Baptism...Then Christ died in vain.

Quote:

Protestants generally believe that works flow from a life of faith.
Some, but the majority with which I've spoken say that works flow from salvation.

Quote:
Faith must be their first. It is faith in Christ that leads to someone doing good works.
That is Catholic Teaching.

Quote:
Works are a sign of faith. "Faith without works is dead." If someone claims to have faith, but has no works, then their faith is suspect.
Absolutely.

Quote:
Rather than "faith and works," I think most Protestants would say living faith evidenced by works.
That is not my experience. Most Protestants with which I've spoken, and I've been speaking to them for nearly twenty years now, say that they are justified by faith alone.

Sincerely,

De Maria

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for contributing.