Tuesday, January 10, 2017

Come back to the Mass, come back to the Catholic Church. You will be blessed.


Quote: 
AE said:

I'm not sure.

I've been with Protestants that seem more "full" than most Catholics I've met. Some of them don't even have the luxury of the Sacrament of Confession and somehow manage not to go nuts worrying if they die before they get the absolution they will go to hell. I think that says alot about having a "fullness" of faith..

How many Catholics do you know who go nuts about that? What is harder? Which provides more faith building? ....

Quote:

A.) I'm going to trust God still loves me even though I've sinned and I hope not to do it again,....   or..... 
B.)I know I sinned mortally by not going to Mass, even though I'm not sure I believe I should be going there-


I suggest you learn the value and meaning of the Mass and learn that to skip the Mass is a sacriligious insult to our Lord and His Sacrifice for our salvation:

Hebrews 10:25-31
King James Version (KJV)
25 Not forsaking the assembling of ourselves together, as the manner of some is; but exhorting one another: and so much the more, as ye see the day approaching. 26 For if we sin wilfully after that we have received the knowledge of the truth, there remaineth no more sacrifice for sins, 27 But a certain fearful looking for of judgment and fiery indignation, which shall devour the adversaries. 28 He that despised Moses' law died without mercy under two or three witnesses:

29 Of how much sorer punishment, suppose ye, shall he be thought worthy, who hath trodden under foot the Son of God, and hath counted the blood of the covenant, wherewith he was sanctified, an unholy thing, and hath done despite unto the Spirit of grace?

30 For we know him that hath said, Vengeance belongeth unto me, I will recompense, saith the Lord. And again, The Lord shall judge his people. 31 It is a fearful thing to fall into the hands of the living God.
Quote:

yet this means God has cut me off
If you are skipping the Mass, you are cutting yourself off of the grace of God which He died in order to provide for you.

Quote:

and I better go back to doing something I'm not sure I should be doing (confession

Yes, you should. Do you not see confession described in this verse?

Hebrews 13:17
King James Version (KJV)
17 Obey them that have the rule over you, and submit yourselves: for they watch for your souls, as they that must give account, that they may do it with joy, and not with grief: for that is unprofitable for you.

In confession we submit to and obey the Priest who is in charge of and accounts for our soul. Submitting to confession is profitable for you in respect of salvation.

Quote:
and Mass) so that I will not go to hell because it takes the priest to clear me of that sin. ???
The Priest is the ambassador of Christ:
2 Corinthians 5:20
Now then we are ambassadors for Christ, as though God did beseech you by us: we pray you in Christ's stead, be ye reconciled to God.

Do you not know that confession is also called the ministry of reconciliation? Do you think it a mere coincidence that it is mentioned in this verse?

Quote:
When I wasn't an unsure catholic, I was pretty sure it is both A. and B. that is really Catholic. However, it seems to me that Protestants do a better job of following the Lord, because that is all of WHO they have to go to. None of this worrying about if what a priest said was wrong. Its harder and takes more courage to have to pray an issue out and just trust. That's why Protestants have my utter respect.
You are saying that because you do not know the Word of God.
Scripture tells you NOT to lean upon your own understanding:
Proverbs 3:5
Trust in the LORD with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding.

Scripture tells you to obey the Church or be cast out:
Matthew 18:17
King James Version (KJV)
17 And if he shall neglect to hear them, tell it unto the church: but if he neglect to hear the church, let him be unto thee as an heathen man and a publican.

Hebrews 13:17
King James Version (KJV)
17 Obey them that have the rule over you, and submit yourselves: for they watch for your souls, as they that must give account, that they may do it with joy, and not with grief: for that is unprofitable for you

Scripture tells you to attend the Mass as I mentioned before (Heb 10:25-31).

Quote:
Sorry. I understand what you say, because I do believe and love the "fullness" of the Catholic faith... but then again... I don't understand it. Its like the difference of being in Galilee and then in Jerusalem for me. One's got all the goods at their fingertips, the other has to rely on God to make do with what they have.

Be assured, you don't need to understand what the Church teaches. But you need to have faith in Christ and believe. Believing does not mean understanding. We step in faith, not by sight.

Come back to the Catholic Church. You will be blessed.

Sincerely,

De Maria

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for contributing.