Saturday, August 15, 2015

Really? And yet it is you who seems to be throwing a fit.


BL:You make obedience and good works essentials to salvation because your organization is apoplectic about it.
Really? And yet it is you who seems to be throwing a fit.
Definition of APOPLECTIC

1
: of, relating to, or causing stroke

2
: affected with, inclined to, or showing symptoms of stroke

3
: of a kind to cause or apparently cause stroke <anapoplectic rage>; also : greatly excited or angered <wasapoplectic over the news>


Let's simplify this by having Jesus answer the question as to what works are necessary for salvation.
John 6:27-29"Labour not for the meat which perisheth, but for that meat which endureth unto everlasting life, which the Son of man shall give unto you: for him hath God the Father sealed.' 'Then said they unto him, What shall we do, that we might work the works of God?' Jesus answered and said unto them, 'This is the work of God, that ye believe on him whom he hath sent."
What do you mean by "believe"?

Do you mean "believe that He exists"? If so, Scripture says:

James 2:19
King James Version (KJV)
19 Thou believest that there is one God; thou doest well: the devils also believe, and tremble.

If that is what Protestants mean by "believe", then you have your reward.

Whereas, the Catholic Church tells us that to believe means to believe everything He says and obey everything He commands. Therefore Scripture teaches:

John 14:21-25
King James Version (KJV)
21 He that hath my commandments, and keepeth them, he it is that loveth me: and he that loveth me shall be loved of my Father, and I will love him, and will manifest myself to him. 22 Judas saith unto him, not Iscariot, Lord, how is it that thou wilt manifest thyself unto us, and not unto the world?
23 Jesus answered and said unto him, If a man love me, he will keep my words: and my Father will love him, and we will come unto him, and make our abode with him. 24 He that loveth me not keepeth not my sayings: and the word which ye hear is not mine, but the Father's which sent me.
25 These things have I spoken unto you, being yet present with you.

and elsewhere:

Hebrews 5:9
King James Version (KJV)
9 And being made perfect, he became the author of eternal salvation unto all them that obey him;

Sincerely,

De Maria

3 comments:

  1. BL chose a bad verse to back up his claims. Even Jesus said that we need to labor for the meat that endureth. I think BL needs to learn how to read scripture there. Plus, that's talking about the Eucharist.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Great call! I hadn't noticed that. Great rebuttal!

      Delete
    2. Hey! Two heads can be better than one.

      Delete

Thanks for contributing.