Thursday, September 8, 2011

How do you know you are saved?

McVey wide skyscraper.jpg


The Catholic Church teaches us that we should not judge our own salvation.  That is the prerogative of God.  To whit, Scripture says:

1 Corinthians 4:4-5

King James Version (KJV)

 4For I know nothing by myself; yet am I not hereby justified: but he that judgeth me is the Lord.
 5Therefore judge nothing before the time, until the Lord come, who both will bring to light the hidden things of darkness, and will make manifest the counsels of the hearts: and then shall every man have praise of God.

Protestants, however, teach that they are saved whenever they make a proclamation of faith.  And when people who have made a proclamation of faith backslide and fall away from the faith, they say, "Well they weren't saved at all in the first place."  Yet when those people were walking the straight and narrow, all their Protestant friends considered them saved along with all the rest who had proclaimed faith in God.


So, it doesn't make sense to me.  Scripture is clear:

Philippians 2:12

King James Version (KJV)
and trembling. 12Wherefore, my beloved, as ye have always obeyed, not as in my presence only, but now much more in my absence, work out your own salvation with fear  It seems to me that those people who claim they are saved are usurping God's right to judge their soul.  What do you think?

Sincerely,

De Maria

2 comments:

  1. I have to say, you must be the most highly retarded blogger I had ever yet stumbled yet by you basing on ad lapidem, no true Scotsman, and almost every fallacies you can make.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And yet, you can't respond to any of my arguments. So, what does that make you?

      Delete

Thanks for contributing.