Friday, February 8, 2013

February 9, 2013








 « February 8  |  February 10 »

Saturday of the Fourth Week in Ordinary Time
Lectionary: 328


Reading 1 St. Paul's epistle to the HebrewsHeb 13:15-17, 20-21

Brothers and sisters:
Through Jesus, let us continually offer God a sacrifice of praise, that is, the fruit of lips that confess his name.
Brothers and sisters, let us always praise God with our mouths.

Do not neglect to do good and to share what you have;
God is pleased by sacrifices of that kind.
And let us always do what is right and be generous to others.  God loves those types of actions.


Obey your leaders and defer to them,
for they keep watch over you and will have to give an account, that they may fulfill their task with joy and not with sorrow, for that would be of no advantage to you.
Obey and submit to your priests, for they have a responsibility for you.  Do as they say cheerfully and don't give them a hard time as this would not be good for you.

May the God of peace, who brought up from the dead
the great shepherd of the sheep
by the Blood of the eternal covenant,
furnish you with all that is good, that you may do his will.
May God who raised Jesus Christ from the dead give you all that is good so that you may keep His commandments.

May he carry out in you what is pleasing to him through Jesus Christ, to whom be glory forever and ever. Amen.
May He accomplish His will in you through our Lord Jesus Christ, to whom be glory forever and ever.  Amen. 

Responsorial Psalm Ps 23:1-3a, 3b-4, 5, 6

R.(1) The Lord is my shepherd; there is nothing I shall want.The LORD is my shepherd; I shall not want.
In verdant pastures he gives me repose.
Beside restful waters he leads me;
he refreshes my soul.
R. The Lord is my shepherd; there is nothing I shall want.
The Lord is my guide.  He is my protector and provider.  Where ever He takes me I will find rest for my spirit.

He guides me in right paths
for his name’s sake.
Even though I walk in the dark valley
I fear no evil; for you are at my side
With your rod and your staff
that give me courage.
R. The Lord is my shepherd; there is nothing I shall want.
He leads me to do righteousness in His name.  Though I walk through the dark, I fear nothing.  For I know that God is beside me.

You spread the table before mein the sight of my foes;You anoint my head with oil;my cup overflows.R. The Lord is my shepherd; there is nothing I shall want.

God provides for me and protects me in the sight of my enemies.
He washes me with His Spirit and my heart is filled with joy.

Only goodness and kindness follow me
all the days of my life;
And I shall dwell in the house of the LORD
for years to come.
R. The Lord is my shepherd; there is nothing I shall want.
I will always do good every day of my life.  And I will live in the house of my God forever. 

The Holy Gospel according to St. MarkMk 6:30-34

The Apostles gathered together with Jesus
and reported all they had done and taught.
Earlier, Jesus has sent the Apostles to cure the ill and to preach the Gospel.  They now returned and reported all things to Jesus.

He said to them,
“Come away by yourselves to a deserted place and rest a while.”  People were coming and going in great numbers,
and they had no opportunity even to eat.
Because the crowd was so big and they couldn't have any privacy, even to eat, Jesus suggested they go out to a private place.


So they went off in the boat by themselves to a deserted place.  People saw them leaving and many came to know about it.  They hastened there on foot from all the towns
and arrived at the place before them.
So they got into a boat and headed to a private place.  But the people in the crowd saw them and got there first.

When Jesus disembarked and saw the vast crowd,
his heart was moved with pity for them,
for they were like sheep without a shepherd;
and he began to teach them many things.
When Jesus saw them he was touched because they needed direction.  So He began to teach them. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for contributing.