Monday, July 22, 2013

God will reveal who was the true believer


Lutero said;
I don't cast it out of the Bible and I don't interpret it in such a way that it negates other Scriptures either. Paul denies "the competency of the tribunal" in Corinth to judge him. A human tribunal he does not care to satisfy. Paul does not even set himself up as judge of himself. Although Paul knew that there is a crown of righteousness laid up for him, which the Lord, the righteous Judge, will give him on that Day, his judgment still rests with God. Judgment is not just about who is saved and who is not.
True. But it is also about who is saved and who is not. 


At the judgment seat of Christ, when councels of the heart are revealed, then shall every man (who is a believer) have praise of God. Believers are fruitful, but not all are equally fruitful.
God will reveal who was the true believer and who was not. Many who call Jesus, Lord, Lord, will not enter the Kingdom of Heaven (Matt 7:21).


You keep saying that you have placed your faith in Christ for salvation,
Amen! That is why I obey Him.


yet you continue to demonstrate that your faith is in the Sacraments for salvation as well.
If I didnot have faith in Christ, I would not have anything to do with His Sacraments. 


Not trying to be a judge over you,
Thank you.


just pointing out to you that if our faith is in Christ for salvation, then we are trusting in Him to save us.
I trust in Him to save me through the agencies He provided. The Church, the Traditions, the Commandments and the Sacraments.


Not Him plus something else. What that says is sorry Jesus but I can't fully trust in you to save me. I need supplements to help save me.
No. What that says is, "Thank you my Lord for providing me the agencies through which I hope you will save me. I know I am not perfect, but I will do my best to obey your will."


I am pointing out to you that we are not saved by works and if you are trusting in works for salvation then you are not trusting in Christ for salvation.
I am trusting in Christ for salvation.


You condemn me for not trusting in the plan of salvation of the Roman Catholic church.
On the contrary, I am the one pointing out that Scripture says:
1 Corinthians 4:2-5

King James Version (KJV)

2Moreover it is required in stewards, that a man be found faithful.
3But with me it is a very small thing that I should be judged of you, or of man's judgment: yea, I judge not mine own self.
4For I know nothing by myself; yet am I not hereby justified: but he that judgeth me is the Lord.
5Therefore judge nothing before the time, until the Lord come, who both will bring to light the hidden things of darkness, and will make manifest the counsels of the hearts: and then shall every man have praise of God.


I am pointing out however, that you will judged like everyone else, according to your works:
2 Cor 5:
9Wherefore we labour, that, whether present or absent, we may be accepted of him.
10For we must all appear before the judgment seat of Christ; that every one may receive the things done in his body, according to that he hath done, whether it be good or bad.


If you are not saved at all it's because you have not been saved through faith.
A faith which is demonstrated by works of love:
Galatians 5:6

King James Version (KJV)

6For in Jesus Christ neither circumcision availeth any thing, nor uncircumcision; but faith which worketh by love.


Why do you keep pointing to works and the Sacraments as the basis of your salvation then?
Christ is the basis of my salvation. If I do anything it is because Christ commands it. 


When you say, "I place my faith in Christ," explain exactly what you mean by that.
I'll try. 


I have placed my faith in Christ and the Bible
Is the Bible a supplement? What happened to Christ alone?


says that we have been saved through faith (Ephesians 2:8).
Keeping in mind that elsewhere the Bible condemns faith alone as dead.


I don't have to wait for the Judgment to know if I have placed my faith in Christ for salvation or not.
Scripture says you do (1 Cor 4:5).


Either we have or else we have not. For believers, the Judgment will be about testing our works by fire to determine rewards and loss of rewards, not salvation or loss of salvation (1 Corinthians 3:13-15).
You have described Purgatory.


I am not about to judge myself in regards to how well I have done there.
Nor should you. But you also should not usurp the Judgement of Almighty God as though you know the future. Because many, who have tasted the goodness of God have fallen (Heb 6:4-6).

Sincerely,

De Maria

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for contributing.