Monday, September 29, 2014

Show me where Scripture says you can proclaim yourself saved by judging the merit of your faith alone?


Lutero:

Catholics say that the flesh which the Son of God received from His Mother at the Incarnation is the same flesh into which He changed bread at the Last Supper;

Jesus didn't' change the bread into anything. Nor did He ever say the bread CHANGED. 
Gus: 
"But you are talking about mystics or saints, and I am neither. I am just an ordinary Catholic trying to save my soul."
Lutero: 
Hence the reason Catholics are so lost....they are trying so hard to save themselves....
It is Protestants who save themselves. We rely upon God. The proof. It is not we who claim to save ourselves by our faith alone. When asked whether we are saved, we respond, "I don't know. It is God who knows. God is my Judge."

And that is a response straight from Scripture:
1 Corinthians 4:3-4

King James Version (KJV)

But with me it is a very small thing that I should be judged of you, or of man's judgment: yea, I judge not mine own self.
For I know nothing by myself; yet am I not hereby justified: but he that judgeth me is the Lord.

Show me where Scripture says you can proclaim yourself saved by judging the merit of your faith alone? I see only this:
James 2:24

King James Version (KJV)

24 Ye see then how that by works a man is justified, and not by faith only.

Sincerely,

De Maria

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for contributing.