Tuesday, September 17, 2013

Memorize the Bible - Review


Memorize the Bible

Ok, let's review the previous verses we studied.

Filly piano ride 'em, I try to lift a filly with a piano on its back.  But fail.  Then Jesus touches me and I succeed.

The verse is Phillipians 4:13  and the text from memory:

I can do all thing with Christ who strengthens me.

and the actual text says:

Philippians 4:13
King James Version (KJV)
13 I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me.

Philippians 4:13 is simply a beautiful verse that I like to remember.  But the next verse is one which I use in apologetics.

"He brews battle".  And I see a Jewish man brewing coffee while Jesus is doing battle with the Grim Reaper.  Jesus is holding a Bible in one hand and a Cross in the other.  As many Jewish elders walk into heaven and as they do, they become babes and fall into Our Father's arms.

The verse is Hebrews 9:15 and the text from memory:

For this cause He became the mediator of a new testament, that by his death for the redemption of the transgressions under the first testament, those who were called would receive the promise of eternal inheritance.

Compare:

Hebrews 9:15
King James Version (KJV)
15 And for this cause he is the mediator of the new testament, that by means of death, for the redemption of the transgressions that were under the first testament, they which are called might receive the promise of eternal inheritance.

I like that verse because it teaches me the reason why Jesus had to die.  Jesus died in order that the Patriarchs, who were awaiting the redemption of their sins, could enter heaven.  When Jesus died upon the Cross, He first descended to the dead and released the faithful, whose sins had been redeemed, into heaven.  

The next verse that I memorized goes hand in hand with this one, because it teaches us how our own sins are redeemed.

"Two hearts and a lady with a ladle".  I see Jesus on the Cross with His Sacred Heart visible and Mary beneath the Cross with her Immaculate heart visible while I and all the Saints are worshipping Jesus on the Cross.  Then we all follow Jesus to the grave where He rises again.

The verse is 2 Cor 5:15  and the text from memory:

Christ died for all that those who live might live for Him who died for them and rise again.

Compare:

2 Corinthians 5:15
King James Version (KJV)
15 And that he died for all, that they which live should not henceforth live unto themselves, but unto him which died for them, and rose again.
That needs some work.  Here it goes from memory again:
And he died for all that they who live should henceforth live, not for themselves but for Him who died for them and rose again.
Let me see if I can add to my word picture to tweak that recalled text.
So my word picture will begin with the 2 hearts and the lady with the ladle stepping on big ants and saying "attack".  Thats because the text begins with "and that" and I keep leaving that out.  
Then, I'm going to add to the picture that I head in the wrong direction and the Saints pull my shirt and say, "not henceforth to yourself but unto Him".  
So, 2 hearts and a lady with a ladle stepping on ants and saying, "attack".  And I see Jesus on the Cross with His Sacred Heart visible and Mary beneath the Cross with her Immaculate heart visible and all the Saints and I under the Cross worshipping Jesus.  Then, I go the wrong way, but the Saints grab my shirt and say, "not henceforth to thyself but unto Him" and I follow them all to the grave where Jesus rises again.
and the text from memory:
And that he died for all, that they who live might henceforth live not for themselves but unto Him who died for them and rose again.
Compare again:
2 Corinthians 5:15
King James Version (KJV)
15 And that he died for all, that they which live should not henceforth live unto themselves, but unto him which died for them, and rose again.
That's better.
The reason I like this verse is because, to my mind, it goes hand in hand with Heb. 9:15.  It teaches me that Christ died to save all people.  But those who live in the New Testament era must turn to Him and follow Him in order that we might also rise again with Him.
The next verse is one heart, the ram is real.  Which is 1 Cor 4:3,4,5.  But I've forgotten the word picture.  Let's see, its me being judged by many and Jesus reaches in and pulls me into the light and then He judges the deeds of the Saints.
So, from memory:
I care not whether I am judged by you or any man, for I have one Judge, Jesus Christ.  I am not thereby innocent, but my conscience is clean, for the time will come when God will come and bring the works of darkness to light and the deeds of men will receive the praise of God.
Compare:
1 Corinthians 4:3-5
King James Version (KJV)
3 But with me it is a very small thing that I should be judged of you, or of man's judgment: yea, I judge not mine own self.  4 For I know nothing by myself; yet am I not hereby justified: but he that judgeth me is the Lord.  5 Therefore judge nothing before the time, until the Lord come, who both will bring to light the hidden things of darkness, and will make manifest the counsels of the hearts: and then shall every man have praise of God.
Well, I guess I've got the gist.  But that will take too long to fix and I've got to wake up early tomorrow.  So, good night.  But I'm still enjoying this immensely.
Sincerely,
De Maria

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for contributing.