Wednesday, September 25, 2013

The Doctrine of Indulgences is based upon the Teaching of Our Lord:

Luteros said:
This article explains why indulgences can be EARNED in the Catholic Church.
http://www.nytimes.com/2009/02/10/ny...pagewanted=all
What do you think? I am so amazed I have no comment. The Lutherans were in a state of shock.
What do I think?  I think the New York Times needs to do its homework.  The Catholic Church never stopped giving plenary indulgences.  That New York Times article is completely flawed.  The Doctrine of Indulgences is based upon the Teaching of Our Lord:

Here's what our Lord said to the Rich Young Man:Matthew 19:

King James Version (KJV)

20 The young man saith unto him, All these things have I kept from my youth up: what lack I yet?
21 Jesus said unto him, If thou wilt be perfect, go and sell that thou hast, and give to the poor, and thou shalt have treasure in heaven: and come and follow me.


Here's another:
Luke 11:41

King James Version (KJV)

41 But rather give alms of such things as ye have; and, behold, all things are clean unto you.

Catholic doctrine is perfectly in line with Scripture.

Lutero also said:
I doubt "the Church" returned the money back to those who bought their indulgences. They went ahead and built the Vatican and palaces with it though.

And what is wrong with that? Have you not read how much Solomon paid for the Temple of God? Have you not read how much Moses paid for the Ark of the Covenant?

Sincerely,

De Maria

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for contributing.