Tuesday, September 24, 2013

Memorize Scripture - 2 Cor 9:7

I love this Scripture.


2 Corinthians 9:7
Every man according as he purposeth in his heart, so let him give; not grudgingly, or of necessity: for God loveth a cheerful giver.

The only part I normally remember is "God loves a cheerful giver."  Then I say, "What verse is that?"

But now, I'm going to visualize 2 hearts (i.e. 2 Cor) baked into chocolate brownies, baked because of the b which translates to 9 and the k which translates to 7.  And I' see myself cheerfully handing them out to my fellow chocolate lovers.

That's easy and accomplishes the purpose I most desired there.

Now, let's see what I can do with the rest.
1.  Every man according as he purposeth in his heart, (visualize porpoises (dolphins) in the hearts of all men).

2.  so let him give - And all these men with porpoises in their heart are giving away baked brownies cheerfully.

3.  not grudgingly, or of necessity: for God loveth a cheerful giver. - and all of them give cheerfully.


Now from memory:

2 Cor 9:7
Every man according to the purposes of his heart, let him give, not grudgingly or of necessity, for God loves a cheerful giver.

Let's compare:

2 Corinthians 9:7
Every man according as he purposeth in his heart, so let him give; not grudgingly, or of necessity: for God loveth a cheerful giver.

Pretty good!

Sincerely,

De Maria




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for contributing.