Tuesday, March 18, 2014

The Rosary is a meditation on the life of Christ.




Lutero:

It is punishment to have to recite the rosary and all those prayers !
The Rosary is a meditation on the life of Christ. You consider it punishment to meditate upon the life of Christ?


I couldn't think of a worse thing than if the priest said to say a rosary, do you know how long all of those prayers to Mary is?
It takes me one hour to pray an entire Rosary:
Matthew 26:40

King James Version (KJV)

40 And he cometh unto the disciples, and findeth them asleep, and saith unto Peter, What, could ye not watch with me one hour?


However, how can you possibly reflect on anything while engaged in vain repetitions of prayers which the Lord specifically told us not to do in Matthew 6:7
You are projecting. Because you pray in vain does not mean that we do so.


But when ye pray, use not vain repetitions, as the heathen do: for they think that they shall be heard for their much speaking. (kjv)
We repeat our prayers in imitation of Christ:
Mark 14:39

King James Version (KJV)

39 And again he went away, and prayed, and spake the same words.

His repeating of prayers was not in vain, nor is ours.



I get more reflection out of this. When I know I have committed a sin and I reflect on that sin...when I talk to Jesus about it and ask Him to forgive me and help me not to go down that path again...inside I feel the conviction the Holy Spirit gave me...I reflect more in talking with Jesus about it and asking for his help. In the end I know I am forgiven by his word.
You know you are forgiven, why? Did God speak to you? Or did you wash your sins calling on your own name? Protestants have taken God completely out of the picture. 

We obey God:
James 5:16

King James Version (KJV)

16 Confess your faults one to another, and pray one for another, that ye may be healed. The effectual fervent prayer of a righteous man availeth much.

Hebrews 13:17

King James Version (KJV)

17 Obey them that have the rule over you, and submit yourselves: for they watch for your souls, as they that must give account, that they may do it with joy, and not with grief: for that is unprofitable for you.

We obey God's word and therefore submit to the Priests, our rulers whom God appointed in the Church. 


And look, I didn't need a middle man
Even the Apostles asked for prayers from the Brethren:
1 Thessalonians 5:25

King James Version (KJV)

25 Brethren, pray for us.


or vain repetitions to Mary.
We don't repeat prayers in vain. 


Of course that is my opinion and my experience, but again, why in the world should you complicate the simplicity of the gospel?
It is Protestants who have complicated the Gospel with their inventions. Look at the thousands of different theologies they have derived from the Gospel of Jesus Christ. Bewildering. But Christ's Gospel is simple:
Mark 16:16

King James Version (KJV)

16 He that believeth and is baptized shall be saved; but he that believeth not shall be damned.

John 14:21-23

King James Version (KJV)

21 He that hath my commandments, and keepeth them, he it is that loveth me: and he that loveth me shall be loved of my Father, and I will love him, and will manifest myself to him.
22 Judas saith unto him, not Iscariot, Lord, how is it that thou wilt manifest thyself unto us, and not unto the world?
23 Jesus answered and said unto him, If a man love me, he will keep my words: and my Father will love him, and we will come unto him, and make our abode with him.

Sincerely,

De Maria

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for contributing.