Friday, March 22, 2013

For what works will GOD save you?


Lutero
For what works will GOD save you? 
God has informed us. Have you not read in Scripture?
Romans 2:13

King James Version (KJV)

13(For not the hearers of the law are just before God, but the doers of the law shall be justified.

These works amount to keeping the Commandments, for Scripture also reveals that doing works of love is the equivalent of keeping the Commandments of God:

Galatians 5:6

King James Version (KJV)

6For in Jesus Christ neither circumcision availeth any thing, nor uncircumcision; but faith which worketh by love.
1 Corinthians 7:19

King James Version (KJV)

19Circumcision is nothing, and uncircumcision is nothing, but the keeping of the commandments of God.


Therefore, faith which worketh by love, keeps the Commandments. And Christ said:
John 14:21

King James Version (KJV)

21He that hath my commandments, and keepeth them, he it is that loveth me: and he that loveth me shall be loved of my Father, and I will love him, and will manifest myself to him.

And if you want to know what it means to keep the Commandments, Jesus also said:
Matt 25:
31When the Son of man shall come in his glory, and all the holy angels with him, then shall he sit upon the throne of his glory:
32And before him shall be gathered all nations: and he shall separate them one from another, as a shepherd divideth his sheep from the goats:
33And he shall set the sheep on his right hand, but the goats on the left.
34Then shall the King say unto them on his right hand, Come, ye blessed of my Father, inherit the kingdom prepared for you from the foundation of the world:
35For I was an hungred, and ye gave me meat: I was thirsty, and ye gave me drink: I was a stranger, and ye took me in:
36Naked, and ye clothed me: I was sick, and ye visited me: I was in prison, and ye came unto me.
37Then shall the righteous answer him, saying, Lord, when saw we thee an hungred, and fed thee? or thirsty, and gave thee drink?
38When saw we thee a stranger, and took thee in? or naked, and clothed thee?
39Or when saw we thee sick, or in prison, and came unto thee?
40And the King shall answer and say unto them, Verily I say unto you, Inasmuch as ye have done it unto one of the least of these my brethren, ye have done it unto me.
41Then shall he say also unto them on the left hand, Depart from me, ye cursed, into everlasting fire, prepared for the devil and his angels:
42For I was an hungred, and ye gave me no meat: I was thirsty, and ye gave me no drink:
43I was a stranger, and ye took me not in: naked, and ye clothed me not: sick, and in prison, and ye visited me not.
44Then shall they also answer him, saying, Lord, when saw we thee an hungred, or athirst, or a stranger, or naked, or sick, or in prison, and did not minister unto thee?
45Then shall he answer them, saying, Verily I say unto you, Inasmuch as ye did it not to one of the least of these, ye did it not to me.
46And these shall go away into everlasting punishment: but the righteous into life eternal.

Why is it so hard for Protestants to understand the word of God:
Deuteronomy 30:14

King James Version (KJV)

14But the word is very nigh unto thee, in thy mouth, and in thy heart, that thou mayest do it.

It is all well and good to profess faith in Christ. But then you need to do it. As Scripture says:'
James 1:22

King James Version (KJV)

22But be ye doers of the word, and not hearers only, deceiving your own selves.

Sincerely,

De Maria

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for contributing.