Thursday, December 4, 2014

Scripture says that the Saints are alive in Christ:


Melanie said...
A member of the Separated Bretheren would just like to point out that we don't think asking Mary to pray for us would work, because we don't believe that there's a direct line of communication there. Just because we can talk to Jesus doesn't mean we can talk to *anyone* in Heaven.

Hi Melanie,

Well, I believe Scripture.
And Scripture says that the Saints are alive in Christ:
John 11:25 (KJV)
25 Jesus said unto her, I am the resurrection, and the life: he that believeth in me, though he were dead, yet shall he live:

To confirm this, Scripture says that we, who believe in Christ are members of His Body:
Romans 12:5  (KJV)
5 So we, being many, are one body in Christ, and every one members one of another.

So, unless you believe that Jesus is dead, you must believe that the Saints are alive.  All of them.  We don't fall off the Body of Christ when we die.

Those are just a few of the Scriptures which show that the Saints of God are alive.  There are many more.  In addition though, there are Scriptures which show that the Saints in heaven are aware of that which is happening on earth.

Luke 16:24 (KJV)
24 And he cried and said, Father Abraham, have mercy on me, and send Lazarus, that he may dip the tip of his finger in water, and cool my tongue; for I am tormented in this flame.

If you are familiar with the story of Lazarus and the Rich Man, you know that Jesus recounts the story of three people who have died.  And yet, they are conversing with one another.  In addition, Father Abraham expresses knowledge of the condition of Dives' (aka the rich man's) brothers.

Hebrews 12:1  (KJV)
1 Wherefore seeing we also are compassed about with so great a cloud of witnesses, let us lay aside every weight, and the sin which doth so easily beset us, and let us run with patience the race that is set before us,

Notice that we are surrounded by witnesses.  The term "witness" is here used as a double entendre.  First of all, they witnessed their faith by their life.  But if that were als, they would not surround us.

The fact that they surround us is evidence of the fact that "witnesses" is being used also in the sense of one who gathers information and reports it to another.  These are spirits of men made perfect amongst whom we walk, right now (Heb 22-24).

I don't believe it.

You don't believe that they surround us, literally?  Have you not read in Scripture:
2 Kings 6:17
And Elisha prayed, and said, LORD, I pray thee, open his eyes, that he may see. And the LORD opened the eyes of the young man; and he saw: and, behold, the mountain was full of horses and chariots of fire round about Elisha.

Now, there are some who say that they feel confident that they are worthy to approach Jesus and the Father, without going through our advocates.  Then you should read in Scripture:
Matthew 23:12
King James Version (KJV)
12 And whosoever shall exalt himself shall be abased; and he that shall humble himself shall be exalted.

Note the next verse that I will post, these men approached Jesus with confidence.  What did Jesus say?

Matthew 7:21-23
King James Version (KJV)
21 Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven.  22 Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works?  23 And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity.

And then there are these fellows who approached the Father in prayer:
Job 42:8
King James Version (KJV)
8 Therefore take unto you now seven bullocks and seven rams, and go to my servant Job, and offer up for yourselves a burnt offering; and my servant Job shall pray for you: for him will I accept: lest I deal with you after your folly, in that ye have not spoken of me the thing which is right, like my servant Job.

You can go on believing the carefully crafted fairy tales and traditions of men passed down by the Separated Brethren.  As for me, I believe Scripture.

Sincerely,

De Maria

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for contributing.