Sunday, December 7, 2014

The Church teaches that Mary is ever Virgin


Randy said:
I love some of Luther's writings about Mary, particularly in his Christmas sermons.

However, you are right; I don't believe in the perpetual virginhood of Mary, even though Luther may have (I'll have to look that up). This has more to do with how I read the Bible and the fact that I can still hold Mary in pretty high esteem without her having to be a perpetual virgin.

I suppose.  But the Church teaches that Mary is ever Virgin and Scripture says this about the Church:

1 Timothy 3:15
King James Version (KJV)
15 But if I tarry long, that thou mayest know how thou oughtest to behave thyself in the house of God, which is the church of the living God, the pillar and ground of the truth.

Ephesians 3:10
King James Version (KJV)
10 To the intent that now unto the principalities and powers in heavenly places might be known by the church the manifold wisdom of God,

Therefore, I believe the Teaching of the Church.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for contributing.