Monday, July 4, 2016

Scripture says we are saved by....

By grace:

Ephesians 2:8-9 For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God: Not of works, lest any man should boast.

By faith:
Luke 7:50 And he said to the woman, Thy faith hath saved thee; go in peace.

By works:
James 2:24 Ye see then how that by works a man is justified, and not by faith only.

By hope:
Romans 8:24 For we are saved by hope: but hope that is seen is not hope: for what a man seeth, why doth he yet hope for?

by keeping the Commandments:
Matthew 19:17 And he said unto him, Why callest thou me good? there is none good but one, that is, God: but if thou wilt enter into life, keep the commandments.


By doing the Father's will:
Matthew 7:21 Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven.By patient continuance in well doing:Romans 2:7 To them who by patient continuance in well doing seek for glory and honour and immortality, eternal life:

By feeding the hungry:
Matt 24:34 Then shall the King say unto them on his right hand, Come, ye blessed of my Father, inherit the kingdom prepared for you from the foundation of the world: 35 For I was an hungred, and ye gave me meat: I was thirsty, and ye gave me drink: I was a stranger, and ye took me in: 36 Naked, and ye clothed me: I was sick, and ye visited me: I was in prison, and ye came unto me.


But not by faith alone:
1 Corinthians 13:2 And though I have the gift of prophecy, and understand all mysteries, and all knowledge; and though I have all faith, so that I could remove mountains, and have not charity, I am nothing.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for contributing.