Sunday, July 17, 2016

Some Protestants might be saved


DH:
I...on the other hand...take a more delicate view here...I believe that my Protestant friends are missing out on the fullness of faith and practice that comes with being in full communion with the Catholic Church, but I don't automatically find that lack of fullness condemning for them...
I know Protestants that I am sure are saved...I know Catholics that I am sure are not...
...that's my view over the faith landscape...

You must not have read the rest of my post. I've highlighted the pertinent statements for you below:

However, those who do not accept the Sacraments of the Catholic Church must await the Judgment of God in the after life in order to be saved:
Revelation 22:13-15

King James Version (KJV)

13 I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the end, the first and the last.
14 Blessed are they that do his commandments, that they may have right to the tree of life, and may enter in through the gates into the city.
15 For without are dogs, and sorcerers, and whoremongers, and murderers, and idolaters, and whosoever loveth and maketh a lie.


God will judge them based upon their works:
847 This affirmation is not aimed at those who, through no fault of their own, do not know Christ and his Church:
Those who, through no fault of their own, do not know the Gospel of Christ or his Church, but who nevertheless seek God with a sincere heart, and, moved by grace, try in their actions to do his will as they know it through the dictates of their conscience - those too may achieve eternal salvation.337
848 "Although in ways known to himself God can lead those who, through no fault of their own, are ignorant of the Gospel, to that faith without which it is impossible to please him, the Church still has the obligation and also the sacred right to evangelize all men."338


Can you hear me now?

Sincerely,

De Maria

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for contributing.