Friday, June 21, 2013

I don't know who wrote it... But I really like it.


Thomas said:
I don't know who wrote it... But I really like it. I'd like to share it with you.
-----------------

Lord Jesus, Redeemer of all, hear my prayer.For the love You bear
to those who ask forgiveness,
look mercifully on me,
as once You looked on Mary Magdalene
and on Peter who denied You.

Look on me, Lord Jesus Christ,
as You looked on the thief on his cross
and on every sinner
whom You have ever forgiven.

Look on me, merciful Lord,
as You looked on Your mother, Mary,
standing in sorrow beneath Your cross.
Let me feel in my heart her compassion for You,
and let my eyes weep for the sorrows
my sins have caused.

Call me from darkness
to my Father's house,
give me a new heart
and a place at Your side
at the banquet of Your kingdom. Amen
Lutero said:
Explain to me why you must feel in your heart HER COMPASSION for Christ. Shouldn't this be the Holy Spirit's doing to draw you to Him and not Marys'?
Thomas said:
The love the Holy Spirit has for the Son is one which I can not emulate... for I am not divine. It is not possible for me to fully comprehend and understand divine love.
Lutero said:
You misunderstood my post.
It seems to me he answered your post perfectly. But it is you who misunderstood his response.

I'm sure she did love Him as only a mother and one who needed a Savior can but there were others who deeply loved Jesus as well
In imitation of her love for Him. Unless you can show from Scripture that they despised her.

Remember, Jesus said:
Mark 3:35
King James Version (KJV)35 For whosoever shall do the will of God, the same is my brother, and my sister, and mother.

Now, somehow, Protestants skew that verse to mean that Jesus denied His mother. But in fact, He confirms why God selected her to be the Mother of His only begotten Son. Because she did His will.

Now, St. Louis de Montfort taught, that all who love Mary, beget Jesus in their heart. In other words, we the brothers of Jesus, become the mother of Jesus, when we accept Mary into our hearts and the Holy Spirit overshadows her again, and Jesus is born therein.

Of course, that is spiritual teaching and Protestants deny that out of hand. No doubt, you and all your cohort will ridicule that teaching. But we understand it and embrace it.

1 Corinthians 2:14But the natural man receiveth not the things of the Spirit of God: for they are foolishness unto him: neither can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned.

and who willingly died at the hands of those who hated Him. Scripture says that God loved us FIRST. 1 John 4:19 and to love God Scripture does not say to have love like Mary but says to love the Lord with all YOUR heart, etc.
In other words, to love God as Mary loved Him. With all our heart.
  1. Matthew 22:37
  1. And he said to him, “You shall love the Lord your God with allyour heart and with all your soul and with all your mind.
  1. Mark 12:30
  1. And you shall love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind and with all your strength.’
  1. Luke 10:27
  1. And he answered, “You shall love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your strength and with all your mind, and your neighbor as yourself.”


No where does God say to love Him by another's love. Keep in mind too that believers also have the Holy Spirit within them and when one has the Holy Spirit one does not need to ask for someone else's compassion.
The Holy Spirit teaches us to ask for the ability to love God as His mother alone could love Him. The Holy Spirit teaches us that no human being is capable of loving God the way that Mary, the Mother of God, the Second Person of the Holy Trinity could love Him.

Sincerely,

De Maria

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for contributing.