Thursday, October 16, 2014

That is the essence of faith and works


Lutero:

Of course you think you save yourself, but Philippians 2:12-13 does not teach such a thing. You are promoting a works-righteous gospel which is a different (and therefore false) gospel than Paul and the other aposgles taught. Paul said all who preach a different gospel are accursed per Gal 1:8
You keep making opinions, but the Scripture is clear. Let me print it out. I think you guys are afraid to print it out because you think people will not read them if you simply provide a verse and claim to interpret it. Here are the actual words. From your Bible even:

Philippians 2:12-13

New American Standard Bible (NASB)

12 So then, my beloved, just as you have always obeyed, not as in my presence only, but now much more in my absence, work out your salvation with fear and trembling;13for it is God who is at work in you, both to will and to work for His good pleasure.


There it is. Show me where that says not to save yourself by turning to God and allowing Him to work through you? That is the essence of faith and works.

Sincerely,

De Maria

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for contributing.