Tuesday, October 28, 2014

The Catholic Church teaches the Gospel of Grace

‪Proteus‬ said...IOW DM you are telling us that the covenant of works is the covenant of grace; that the gospel of works is grace.

Who said "covenant of works"? You or I. Answer: YOU.
Who said "gospel of works"? You or I.
Answer: YOU.
The Catholic Church does not teach a Covenant of works nor a Gospel of works, but the Gospel of Grace.

Uh huh.
Uh uh uh

So salvation is by keeping the law.
Salvation is by the mercy of God through the washing of regeneration and renewal of the Holy Spirit (Titus 3:5).

(Perfectly mind you, no schlock job halfway attempts admissable - which is why Christ's righteousness is indispensable.)
Everything is possible with God.

How's that working out, buddy?
God is my Judge. I don't judge myself (1 Corinthians 4:3). Do you not believe that God will judge you rightly? Why are you so concerned to judge other people and yourself that you deny God's sovereign right to judge you?

1 Corinthians 4:3But with me it is a very small thing that I should be judged of you, or of man's judgment: yea, I judge not mine own self. 4For I know nothing by myself; yet am I not hereby justified: but he that judgeth me is the Lord.

Seems like you got a little problem with the 9th commandment by the time you get through mangling everybody's comments to make them say what you want or avoid the point.

It is not I who is mangling the Word of God. It is the men whose false doctrines you follow.



The theme of Romans is either the just shall live by faith alone or it's not. Which is it?
You seem to be reading into Scripture your errors. I don't see that in Romans anywhere. Romans is clear, those who disobey God will not be saved. THAT IS THE THEME.



And don't bother trying to confuse things by bringing in sanctification. We are talking about justification.
Make the root good and the fruit follows.
The Vine, Jesus Christ, is always good. But it doesn't necessarily follow that the branches will produce good fruit.
John 15 1I am the true vine, and my Father is the husbandman. 2Every branch in me that beareth not fruit he taketh away: …



Sadly I am not expecting too much from the word mongering and alphabet chopping we've seen so far. It's par for the course from the spiritual dolts or bargain basement apologists that fly the Roman colors these days, as it has been in the past.
At least I'm producing Scripture. All you produce is opinions based upon the errors of the Reformers.



cheers
And to you,

Sincerely,
De Maria

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for contributing.