Saturday, February 21, 2015

It is Protestants who sit around saying, “I am justified by my faith”.

ROBERT February 10, 2015 at 12:31 pmThis is the problem, and why as much as some of the other RCs here are trying to say otherwise, justification in the RCism depends on how much I have loved, how much I have trusted, and how much I have done…..
You are projecting, Robert. It is Protestants who sit around saying, “I am justified by my faith”. Therefore, it is they who judge themselves justified.
We don’t. We hope in God. It is He who judges and He who decides whether we have done enough. We simply obey:
Matthew 10:38
And he that taketh not his cross, and followeth after me, is not worthy of me.

2 comments:

  1. It's really amazing how someone can claim that they read and believe in the Scriptures, but can't see that throughout the entire Bible (Old and New Testaments) there is NO EVIDENCE that salvation is guaranteed to those who simple exercise a mental belief in God.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Exactly right! What irks me, though, is that they claim that we judge ourselves. But, if you ask a Catholic, "Are you saved?" What will he say? The usual and BIBLICAL answer is, "I don't know." Why? Because we are taught that claiming that we are holy enough to be saved is presumption on our part. That is considered a blasphemy against the Holy Spirit. That's a major sin.

      Does the Bible say we should judge ourselves saved? No!

      1 Corinthians 4:2 Now it is of course required of stewards that they be found trustworthy. 3 It does not concern me in the least that I be judged by you or any human tribunal; I do not even pass judgment on myself; 4 I am not conscious of anything against me, but I do not thereby stand acquitted; the one who judges me is the Lord.

      But they presume their salvation without blinking an eye. Again, they claim to believe Scripture alone. What does Scripture say?

      Matthew 7:21 “Not everyone who says to me, ‘Lord, Lord,’ will enter the kingdom of heaven,[a] but only the one who does the will of my Father in heaven.

      They claim to follow Scripture, but in reality, they contradict the Word of God.

      Delete

Thanks for contributing.