Thursday, July 16, 2015

You judge yourself saved. As do all Protestants


TG: Demaria, since you are not my brother or sister for that matter this verse does not apply to you.
But this one does apply to you:
1 Corinthians 4:3

King James Version (KJV)

But with me it is a very small thing that I should be judged of you, or of man's judgment: yea, I judge not mine own self.

you judge yourself saved. As do all Protestants. And Scripture says that it is not your job. It is God's.

1 Corinthians 4:4

King James Version (KJV)

For I know nothing by myself; yet am I not hereby justified: but he that judgeth me is the Lord.


And it is taken totally out of context.
No it isn't.

We are to judge righteous judgement and that means identifying wrong doctrine and correcting those who cling to that false doctrine. We are never commanded to judge hearts, but doctrines.
Precisely my point. And so, now look at your brethren and count how many of them are judging Catholics condemned.

Sincerely,

De Maria

4 comments:

  1. They keep digging their own graves :-(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol! I was just thinking about Ken's argument. Essentially, it boils down to, "If he didn't say it, he doesn't believe it." So, let's see, what else did Augustine not say?

      He didn't say, "Scripture is the sole rule of faith". So, by Ken's argument, he doesn't believe it.

      He also didn't say, "Scripture is the only source of doctrine". Nor did he say, "Scripture is the ultimate authority." We can go on and on using his argument and demolish all Protestant doctrines.

      Lol!

      Delete
    2. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
    3. ROTFLOL!! That's fantastic, De Maria! These anti-Catholics just drive me nuts because their lack of logic/reason and their excuses are so far off the mark, you just don't know whether to laugh or to cry.

      But I believe the real issue here with St. Augustine boils down to how the sermons were categorized. Some books list St. Augustine's sermons in a different format than others and I think that is why TF didn't find what he was searching for.

      I found St. Augustine refer to the BVM as "The Mother of Christ" multiple times in his epic "De Virginitate" (On Holy Virginity) and it completely explodes any myth from anti-Catholics that the Early Church Fathers held no such belief or devotion. The work is phenomenal and strongly details the belief of her perpetual virginity and the theological and scriptural reasons why.

      I honestly don't think anti-Catholics read these sources. I think they just skim through them looking for any word or phrase which they can utilize to attack the writings themselves and claims by the Catholic Church.

      Delete

Thanks for contributing.