Tuesday, October 22, 2013

I don't believe in salvation by grace through faith ALONE.


Luther said:

Since you do not believe in salvation by grace through faith,

I don't believe in salvation by grace through faith ALONE. I do believe in salvation by grace through faith. Because that is what Scripture teaches. Read it:

Ephesians 2:8
King James Version (KJV)

For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God:

Show me the word, "alone". It isn't there.
now point me to Scripture where it says eternal life is deserved by our works.
Why a Protestant Pastor Became Catholic
Revelation 22:14
King James Version (KJV)

14 Blessed are they that do his commandments, that they may have right to the tree of life, and may enter in through the gates into the city.


Romans 2:7
King James Version (KJV)

7
To them who by patient continuance in well doing seek for glory and honour and immortality, eternal life:


Matthew 25:31-46
King James Version (KJV)
31 When the Son of man shall come in his glory, and all the holy angels with him, then shall he sit upon the throne of his glory:
32 And before him shall be gathered all nations: and he shall separate them one from another, as a shepherd divideth his sheep from the goats:
33 And he shall set the sheep on his right hand, but the goats on the left.
34 Then shall the King say unto them on his right hand, Come, ye blessed of my Father, inherit the kingdom prepared for you from the foundation of the world:
35 For I was an hungred, and ye gave me meat: I was thirsty, and ye gave me drink: I was a stranger, and ye took me in:
36 Naked, and ye clothed me: I was sick, and ye visited me: I was in prison, and ye came unto me.
37 Then shall the righteous answer him, saying, Lord, when saw we thee an hungred, and fed thee? or thirsty, and gave thee drink?
38 When saw we thee a stranger, and took thee in? or naked, and clothed thee?
39 Or when saw we thee sick, or in prison, and came unto thee?
40 And the King shall answer and say unto them, Verily I say unto you, Inasmuch as ye have done it unto one of the least of these my brethren, ye have done it unto me.
41 Then shall he say also unto them on the left hand, Depart from me, ye cursed, into everlasting fire, prepared for the devil and his angels:
42 For I was an hungred, and ye gave me no meat: I was thirsty, and ye gave me no drink:
43 I was a stranger, and ye took me not in: naked, and ye clothed me not: sick, and in prison, and ye visited me not.
44 Then shall they also answer him, saying, Lord, when saw we thee an hungred, or athirst, or a stranger, or naked, or sick, or in prison, and did not minister unto thee?
45 Then shall he answer them, saying, Verily I say unto you, Inasmuch as ye did it not to one of the least of these, ye did it not to me.
46 And these shall go away into everlasting punishment: but the righteous into life eternal.

Matthew 19:17
King James Version (KJV)

17 
And he said unto him, Why callest thou me good? there is none good but one, that is, God: but if thou wilt enter into life, keep the commandments.

Matthew 7:21
King James Version (KJV)

21 
Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven.

Ephesians 2:8
For by grace you have been saved through faith. And this is not your own doing; it is the gift of God,
Faith is the gift of God. But faith does not save unless it is proven by works:

James 2:18

King James Version (KJV)

18 Yea, a man may say, Thou hast faith, and I have works: shew me thy faith without thy works, and I will shew thee my faith by my works.

James 2:14

King James Version (KJV)

14 
What doth it profit, my brethren, though a man say he hath faith, and have not works? can faith save him?

Faith is the grace which is given us by God:

Romans 4:16
King James Version (KJV)

16 
Therefore it is of faith, that it might be by grace; to the end the promise might be sure to all the seed; not to that only which is of the law, but to that also which is of the faith of Abraham; who is the father of us all,
And if we have faith in God, we will work out our salvation:

Philippians 2:12
King James Version (KJV)

12 
Wherefore, my beloved, as ye have always obeyed, not as in my presence only, but now much more in my absence, work out your own salvation with fear and trembling.
By allowing Him to work through us for our salvation:
Philippians 2:13

King James Version (KJV)

13 
For it is God which worketh in you both to will and to do of his good pleasure.


Salvation is God's Work.
That is Catholic Teaching.

There is nothing we can do by our own works to deserve eternal life in Heaven with Him.

You had better obey:
Hebrews 5:9

King James Version (KJV)

9 And being made perfect, he became the author of eternal salvation unto all them that obey him;

Romans 6:16

King James Version (KJV)


16 Know ye not, that to whom ye yield yourselves servants to obey, his servants ye are to whom ye obey; whether of sin unto death, or of obedience unto righteousness?

All credit goes to Him.
That is also Catholic Teaching.

Why do you want to take some of the credit for yourself when it's God's Work He did on the Cross for all of us?
It is you who take credit for yourself by usurping God's right of judgement and reserving it for yourself:

1 Corinthians 4:3-4

King James Version (KJV)

But with me it is a very small thing that I should be judged of you, or of man's judgment: yea, I judge not mine own self. 4 For I know nothing by myself; yet am I not hereby justified: but he that judgeth me is the Lord.

Luke 17:10

King James Version (KJV)

10 
So likewise ye, when ye shall have done all those things which are commanded you, say, We are unprofitable servants: we have done that which was our duty to do.


As I see how Catholics hold to grace + faith + works = Salvation
That is the message of Scripture:
James 2:24

King James Version (KJV)

24 
Ye see then how that by works a man is justified, and not by faith only.

tells me they think they deserve to go to heaven because they worked so hard for it. God is deminished as a result.
Those who diminish God are they who usurp God's right to judge their souls.

As I see how Christians hold to grace + faith = Salvation recognizes the Work of God on the Cross and becomes humbled when they realize the trouble God went through to save them from eternal hellfire.
But none of those are Protestants. Nor are they like you. Because you diminish God by claiming to save yourself by your faith alone. Thereby elbowing God out of your life.

PS could you post in ESV or NIV? No one I know talks in Old English anymore and it's hard to read.
In the future. But you'll have to remind me. I started using the KJV because that is the one that most Protestants accept. 

Sincerely,

De Maria

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for contributing.