Tuesday, May 12, 2015

The Catholic Church teaches that we are saved by grace through faith working in love


VRS:
Through a changed heart. It takes that to serve God in His Kingdom under His desires and intents for man. People celebrating God, loving enemies, doing good, viewing each other as special creations and not as anything less.

And there are only two commandments: "Love the Lord your God with all of your heart, soul, mind, body and strength" and "Love your neighbor as yourself."
That is a summary of the Ten.
You don't wait upon God to save you,
YES. I wait upon God:

Psalm 62:1

King James Version (KJV)

1. 
Truly my soul waiteth upon God: from him cometh my salvation.

It is you who don't because you save yourself by your faith alone.


you think you save yourself by keeping the law...

God saves those who keep the Law:
Romans 2:13

King James Version (KJV)

13 (For not the hearers of the law are just before God, but the doers of the law shall be justified.

I don't presume to make any judgements about my Salvation. I leave that to God:

1 Corinthians 4:2-4

King James Version (KJV)

Moreover it is required in stewards, that a man be found faithful.
But with me it is a very small thing that I should be judged of you, or of man's judgment: yea, I judge not mine own self.
For I know nothing by myself; yet am I not hereby justified: but he that judgeth me is the Lord.


you only hope God saves you thinking you can keep what only Jesus could.....

I believe the Word of God:
Matthew 5:48

King James Version (KJV)

48 Be ye therefore perfect, even as your Father which is in heaven is perfect.

Luke 1:6

King James Version (KJV)

And they were both righteous before God, walking in all the commandments and ordinances of the Lord blameless.

Praise God Christians know they are saved, and saved by grace through faith, and by HIS WORK, not ours.
That sounds like the Catholic confession. You believe in faith ALONE. Whereas we do the works of God because we know that He works through us:
Philippians 2:12
Wherefore, my beloved, as ye have always obeyed, not as in my presence only, but now much more in my absence, work out your own salvation with fear and trembling.


Sincerely,


De Maria

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for contributing.