Wednesday, June 27, 2012

The proof of love is in the works.

The proof of love is in the works. Where love exists, it works great things. But when it ceases to act, it ceases to exist. -- Pope St. Gregory the Great





Scripture says:

1 Thessalonians 1:2-4
We give thanks to God always for you all, making mention of you in our prayers;Remembering without ceasing your work of faith, and labour of love, and patience of hope in our Lord Jesus Christ, in the sight of God and our Father;Knowing, brethren beloved, your election of God.

Romans 13:8
Owe no man any thing, but to love one another: for he that loveth another hath fulfilled the law.
God teaches us that love and faith are not simply words which we utter.  We are supposed to live in accordance with those words.  And they are both summarized in the Ten Commandments.  The Ten Commandments are the verbal expression of love and faith in God:

1 Corinthians 7:19Circumcision is nothing, and uncircumcision is nothing, but the keeping of the commandments of God.

Galatians 5:6
For in Jesus Christ neither circumcision availeth any thing, nor uncircumcision; but faith which worketh by love.

Look at these two verses closely.

Circumcision is nothing.  Uncircumcision is nothing.  They both say that.


But the second part of the statement seems to say something different in each.


In one, keeping the Commandments is what it is all about.  In the other, faith working by love is what it is all about.  That is because the keeping the Commandments and faith working by love are the same thing.


Jesus Christ tells us:

John 14:21-25
King James Version (KJV)
21 He that hath my commandments, and keepeth them, he it is that loveth me: and he that loveth me shall be loved of my Father, and I will love him, and will manifest myself to him.22 Judas saith unto him, not Iscariot, Lord, how is it that thou wilt manifest thyself unto us, and not unto the world?23 Jesus answered and said unto him, If a man love me, he will keep my words: and my Father will love him, and we will come unto him, and make our abode with him.24 He that loveth me not keepeth not my sayings: and the word which ye hear is not mine, but the Father's which sent me.25 These things have I spoken unto you, being yet present with you.
Sincerely,

De Maria



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for contributing.