Monday, November 24, 2014

Don't say you love me


Don't say you love me, show me that you do, don't ask me to trust you, prove to me that you can be trusted author unknown

Its no coincidence that God compares our relationship to Him as matrimony.  If we love someone, we show them by the way we behave towards them.  Saying that you love someone is important.  But it is more important to show them that you love them.

Scripture says:

 But some one will say, “You have faith and I have works.” Show me your faith apart from your works, and I by my works will show you my faith. (St. James 2:18)
Our Lord Himself said:
 If you love me, you will keep my commandments.  (St. John 14:15)
Does anyone deny that God is literally saying to us, "Don't say it if you don't mean it!"

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for contributing.