Sunday, November 16, 2014

Jesus Christ saves those who obey Him:


Luther:
Of course.... and he will judge whether I have put my complete trust in His Son and His Son's sacrifice.
True.

It is not us who proclaims ourselves good enough to escape God's judgement,
It is only Protestants. I don't know of any other group which claims salvation apart from God's judgement. 

it is us who depends on His Son and His Son's sacrifice to save us.
On the contrary. If you did, would obey His Commands. But instead, you teach that His commands are not necessary:

John 14:21-23

King James Version (KJV)

21 He that hath my commandments, and keepeth them, he it is that loveth me: and he that loveth me shall be loved of my Father, and I will love him, and will manifest myself to him.
22 Judas saith unto him, not Iscariot, Lord, how is it that thou wilt manifest thyself unto us, and not unto the world?
23 Jesus answered and said unto him, If a man love me, he will keep my words: and my Father will love him, and we will come unto him, and make our abode with him.



It is YOU who thinks that you can get good enough to get a pass of God's condemnation.
On the contrary, we are taught to leave Judgment to God. We simply do that which is our duty to do:
Luke 17:10

King James Version (KJV)

10 So likewise ye, when ye shall have done all those things which are commanded you, say, We are unprofitable servants: we have done that which was our duty to do.

No one here is judging self good enough but YOU!
I'm not the one claiming to be good enough to be saved. All of you are.

We are telling you that we have complete abandon trust (faith) that Jesus is the one who will save us.
WILL save you? Then you have spoken correctly. All the other Protestants claim to already be saved by their faith alone. Therefore, everyone else, all the other Protestants, claim to save themselves because of their merit. They will receive their reward. As for me, I will await God's reward:

Revelation 22:12-15

King James Version (KJV)

12 And, behold, I come quickly; and my reward is with me, to give every man according as his work shall be.
13 I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the end, the first and the last.
14 Blessed are they that do his commandments, that they may have right to the tree of life, and may enter in through the gates into the city.

15 For without are dogs, and sorcerers, and whoremongers, and murderers, and idolaters, and whosoever loveth and maketh a lie. 

The word Gospel means good news....
Absolutely!

what is the good news that you profess?
That Jesus Christ saves those who obey Him:
Hebrews 5:9

King James Version (KJV)

And being made perfect, he became the author of eternal salvation unto all them that obey him;

My good news is that Jesus SAVES those who have put their abandon trust (faith) in him TO save.
How do you claim to put your trust in Him and then claim that it is unnecessary to obey Him?

If you leave your salvation to Him, that must mean that you have put all your abandon trust in Jesus to save you...
Absolutely! That's why I don't go around proclaiming that I am saved. I leave that decision to Him.

yet you insist that you must work your way to heaven.
On the contrary, I insist that only those who work go to heaven. And that those who refuse to work will go to hell. And I can prove it from Scripture. 

Matthew 25:31-46

King James Version (KJV)

31 When the Son of man shall come in his glory, and all the holy angels with him, then shall he sit upon the throne of his glory:
32 And before him shall be gathered all nations: and he shall separate them one from another, as a shepherd divideth his sheep from the goats:
33 And he shall set the sheep on his right hand, but the goats on the left.
34 Then shall the King say unto them on his right hand, Come, ye blessed of my Father, inherit the kingdom prepared for you from the foundation of the world:
35 For I was an hungred, and ye gave me meat: I was thirsty, and ye gave me drink: I was a stranger, and ye took me in:
36 Naked, and ye clothed me: I was sick, and ye visited me: I was in prison, and ye came unto me.
37 Then shall the righteous answer him, saying, Lord, when saw we thee an hungred, and fed thee? or thirsty, and gave thee drink?
38 When saw we thee a stranger, and took thee in? or naked, and clothed thee?
39 Or when saw we thee sick, or in prison, and came unto thee?
40 And the King shall answer and say unto them, Verily I say unto you, Inasmuch as ye have done it unto one of the least of these my brethren, ye have done it unto me.
41 Then shall he say also unto them on the left hand, Depart from me, ye cursed, into everlasting fire, prepared for the devil and his angels:
42 For I was an hungred, and ye gave me no meat: I was thirsty, and ye gave me no drink:
43 I was a stranger, and ye took me not in: naked, and ye clothed me not: sick, and in prison, and ye visited me not.
44 Then shall they also answer him, saying, Lord, when saw we thee an hungred, or athirst, or a stranger, or naked, or sick, or in prison, and did not minister unto thee?
45 Then shall he answer them, saying, Verily I say unto you, Inasmuch as ye did it not to one of the least of these, ye did it not to me.
46 And these shall go away into everlasting punishment: but the righteous into life eternal.


Read it very carefully.

Those who do the corporal works of mercy for their fellow man, will be judged righteous by God and will inherit eternal life.
Those who do not do the corporal works of mercy for their fellow man, will be judged accursed by God and will be cast into everlasting fire.

Where do you fit in?

You can't have it both ways... I would venture to say that you don't trust God for your salvation... you trust yourself.
Again, I trust God. That is why I obey His Word and trust in His judgment. My conscious is clean.

1 Corinthians 4:2-4

King James Version (KJV)

Moreover it is required in stewards, that a man be found faithful.
But with me it is a very small thing that I should be judged of you, or of man's judgment: yea, I judge not mine own self.
For I know nothing by myself; yet am I not hereby justified: but he that judgeth me is the Lord.

Sincerely,

De Maria

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for contributing.