Tuesday, November 25, 2014

I said something rather good before coffee this morning, what was that?

Oh yeah.

I was sort of taken aback by a Protestant who objected to our faith in the Church.  That's not what I was surprised about.  I was surprised by the fact that he objected to his obvious faith in Calvin and Luther.

When he objected to our faith in the Church, I retorted that there was little difference between our faith in the Church and his faith in Martin, Luther and the document called the Westminister Confession of Faith (WCF).

Anyway, my answer went something like this:

De Maria said,

November 25, 2014 at 1:07 pm
Don said,
November 25, 2014 at 12:35 pm
De Maria 1306,
“Depend upon” vs. “reject” is a false dichotomy.
How about “accept” vs “reject”? I said:
Why don’t you answer that part of the question?
If you don’t and if you accept them and rely upon them, how am I bearing false witness?
Do you accept the teachings of Calvin or not? Do you accept the teachings of the WCF of not?
No, I am not going to answer your loaded questions.
Where is the question loaded? Do you not believe the WCF? If you do, is faith, believing? or not?
Do you believe Calvin and Luther or not? Is faith, believing?
Good luck trusting your denomination.
I don’t need luck. I know that God speaks through the Catholic Church. I know that the Church prays for me in Christ’s stead:
2 Corinthians 5:20 Now then we are ambassadors for Christ, as though God did beseech you by us: we pray you in Christ’s stead, be ye reconciled to God.
Ephesians 3:10 To the intent that now unto the principalities and powers in heavenly places might be known by the church the manifold wisdom of God,
Who speaks to you “as though God did beseech you”? Who prays for you ” in Christ’s stead”? Calvin? Luther? Who?
Do you even believe these verses?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for contributing.