Monday, September 17, 2012

In Matt 3 John the Baptist accosts a few Pharisees

Lutero

In Matt 3 John the Baptist accosts a few Pharisees and Sadducees coming over for baptism -

7 But when he saw many of the Pharisees and Sadducees coming for baptism, he said to them, “You brood of vipers, who warned you to flee from the wrath to come? 8 “Therefore bear fruit in keeping with repentance; 9 and do not suppose that you can say to yourselves, ‘We have Abraham for our father’; for I say to you that from these stones God is able to raise up children to Abraham. 10“ The axe is already laid at the root of the trees; therefore every tree that does not bear good fruit is cut down and thrown into the fire. "
We can SAY we repent - yet if there are no outward results of that repentance - then the repentance wasn't real.
Agreed. Faith without works, the outward result of repentance, is dead.

We can SAY we love our spouse - yet if there are no outward results to be seen - then the love isn't real.
Absolutely true! Therefore, if we say we love God but do not keep the Commandments, we are liars:
John 14:23-25

King James Version (KJV)

23 Jesus answered and said unto him, If a man love me, he will keep my words: and my Father will love him, and we will come unto him, and make our abode with him.
24 He that loveth me not keepeth not my sayings: and the word which ye hear is not mine, but the Father's which sent me.
25 These things have I spoken unto you, being yet present with you.


We can SAY we have faith - yet if there are no outward results of the faith - then the faith wasn't real.
Faith that is not real will not save us. Faith that is real will. And even that faith is a gift of God.
Absolutely! Faith that is real is a gift of God. Faith that is not real will not save us. Faith alone is dead. James 2:17

Works are fruit, works are not law. James describes what he is talking about. Don't treat the rich guys better than you do the poor guys.
Treat all men with respect. That is also true.

That would be hard for the Roman Church since they are trained to treat the pope as God, and the priests as Christ. But we're called to treat the janitor as well as we treat the pope, and to not treat the pope better than we do the janitor. I'm guessing that would be a 'work' that most RCers would find impossible to do.
Let's see what Scripture says, shall we?

Are we to treat our elders with respect?
Hebrews 13:17

King James Version (KJV)

17 Obey them that have the rule over you, and submit yourselves: for they watch for your souls, as they that must give account, that they may do it with joy, and not with grief: for that is unprofitable for you.

Does that say to submit to and obey anybody on the street? No, it doesn't.

So, Scripture says to treat the Pope differently than anyone else. Got any other anti-biblical advice?


How many RCers would treat the pope better than they treat the pope's janitor?
We treat everyone with equal respect. But we submit to and obey the Rulers which God placed in the Church.

How many RCers speak with all respect and honor to their priest and then 30 minutes later treat the pimply-faced kid at McDonald's with impatience, rudeness or arrogance?
Are you sure you are not projecting your own attitude to others? I don't know any Catholics who do that.

Do you treat your boss with deference and your secretary like a slave?
No. I found that my secretary, back when I had one, was far smarter than my boss. In fact, his secretary was far smarter than he and I used to bring my problems to her. She would make sure the proper people would know about them and my problems were resolved far quicker and with no fanfare.


Well, according to James here, you've just proven your claims of having faith are false. But do tell us again how your good works and salvation are all taken care of by participating in the RC sacraments

I don't remember making any such comment. However, I do remember saying that those who keep the Commandments are given the right to the Sacraments. It is in Scripture:

Revelation 22:12-15

King James Version (KJV)

12 And, behold, I come quickly; and my reward is with me, to give every man according as his work shall be.
13 I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the end, the first and the last.
14 Blessed are they that do his commandments, that they may have right to the tree of life, and may enter in through the gates into the city.
15 For without are dogs, and sorcerers, and whoremongers, and murderers, and idolaters, and whosoever loveth and maketh a lie.

Romans 2:13 says the same thing:
Romans 2:13

King James Version (KJV)

13 (For not the hearers of the law are just before God, but the doers of the law shall be justified.


and that the RC faith is all proven by your belief in transubstantiation.
I don't remember saying that, but I do remember saying that Transubstantiation is taught by Christ:

John 6:51

King James Version (KJV)

51 I am the living bread which came down from heaven: if any man eat of this bread, he shall live for ever: and the bread that I will give is my flesh, which I will give for the life of the world.

Guess God forgot to record that in Scripture too, along with His failure to record the New Testament sacerdotal priesthood.
I don't know what you're talking about. The sacerdotal priesthood is described in the New Testament. You simply don't know how to recognize it. 

1 Corinthians 2:14
But the natural man receiveth not the things of the Spirit of God: for they are foolishness unto him: neither can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned.

This appears that it really IS rocket science, De Maria. Because everytime I read your copy and paste verses I am reminded of Paul - "You foolish Galatians..."
And every time I read your responses, I am reminded:

1 Corinthians 2:14
But the natural man receiveth not the things of the Spirit of God:....

Sincerely,

De Maria

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for contributing.