Friday, January 30, 2015

On the contrary, it is Protestants who teach many things which contradict Scripture.

De Maria says:
Hello Adam,
Adam says:
November 27, 2014 at 12:53 am
Just wanted to say I feel really sorry for you. I KNOW you are seeking truth, but surely you are NOT BORN AGAIN as Jesus said ONE MUST be to see the Kingdom of God.
If you’d read Jennifer’s witness, you would know that she is baptized and is therefore born again of water and spirit.
John 3:2-5King James Version (KJV)
2 The same came to Jesus by night, and said unto him, Rabbi, we know that thou art a teacher come from God: for no man can do these miracles that thou doest, except God be with him.
3 Jesus answered and said unto him, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God.
4 Nicodemus saith unto him, How can a man be born when he is old? can he enter the second time into his mother’s womb, and be born?
5 Jesus answered, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born of water and of the Spirit, he cannot enter into the kingdom of God.
Peter said you are ONLY BORN AGAIN by the Word of God.
Please produce the Scripture. I do remember that St. Peter said that baptism saves us:
1 Peter 3:21 The like figure whereunto even baptism doth also now save us ….
Every single thing the Babylonian Cult of the Roman Catholic church teaches is against the Bible.
On the contrary, it is Protestants who teach many things which contradict Scripture. Let me show you. Do you believe in the five solas?
Sola fide or faith alone. Scripture says:
James 2:24 Ye see then how that by works a man is justified, and not by faith only.
Sola Scriptura or Scripture alone. Scripture says:
2 Thessalonians 2:15 Therefore, brethren, stand fast, and hold the traditions which ye have been taught, whether by word, or our epistle.
Solus Christus or by Christ alone:
Scripture says:
2 Corinthians 5:20 Now then we are ambassadors for Christ, as though God did beseech you by us: we pray you in Christ’s stead, be ye reconciled to God.
Sola Gratia or by grace alone:
Philippians 2:12 Wherefore, my beloved, as ye have always obeyed, not as in my presence only, but now much more in my absence, work out your own salvation with fear and trembling.
And Soli Deo Gloria to the glory of God alone:
Romans 8:17 And if children, then heirs; heirs of God, and joint-heirs with Christ; if so be that we suffer with him, that we may be also glorified together.
All Protestant doctrine which contradicts the Catholic Church also contradicts Scripture.
The reason WHY you do NOT understand the Bible is because you are NOT FILLED with the Holy Spirit.
That knife cuts both ways. I have shown where I believe Protestant doctrine contradicts Scripture. Show me where you believe the Catholic Church contradicts the Word of God. And show me the Chapter and verse.
The Jesus you BELIEVE in is in your head, but the Jesus of the Kingdom we come to KNOW when the Holy Spirit leads us.
Its the other way around. We don’t follow fanciful tales. We follow the Word of God passed down through the Apostles to this very day.
You see, Jesus didn’t write the NT. Jesus established a Church and commanded that Church to Teach and make disciples of the world. The Church continues doing that to this day.
Unless we study daily the Word of God and OBEY it, heaven will never be seen. You truly are bound by a religious spirit and Catholicism has NO TRUTH or foundation of truth in it.
The Catholic Church is the Teacher of the Wisdom of God. So says Scripture:
Ephesians 3:10 To the intent that now unto the principalities and powers in heavenly places might be known by the church the manifold wisdom of God,
That doesn’t say, “Catholic” Church, but the Catholic Church is the only one described in Scripture.
The Church which is infallible (1 Tim 3:15; Eph 3:10).
The Church which is united (Eph 4:5).
The doctrines of the Catholic Church which are distinctive from other churches:
Purgatory (1 Cor 3:15).
Eucharist (1 Cor 11:23-27).
Communion of Saints (Rom 12:12-20).
The Mass and the necessity to attend (Heb 10:25-31).
The Sacrament of Confession (Heb 13:17).
The Sacrament of Holy Orders (1 Tim 4:14).
The Sacrament of Baptism (Titus 3:5).
Justification and salvation by faith and works (Rom 2:1-13).
I believe you are sincerely concerned for Jennifer and for all Catholics. Otherwise, you wouldn’t be writing what you’ve written. However, we are equally concerned for you. Come on back to this or to my blog and we can go through the Scriptures, like good Bereans, and see whose doctrines are in line with Scripture and whose aren’t.
Sincerely,

De Maria

6 comments:

  1. Poor Adam....

    It is stunning to see how protest-ants "express" this constant "Only Jesus" attitude yet they rely and misquote an Apostle to back up their beliefs and ignore what Jesus Christ says about Baptism. It's truly remarkable!

    Yet, when you show them the passages they get glazed eyes and then tell you that you are "mis-interpreting" Scripture. Their idea of being filled with the Holy Ghost in order to considered Baptized is often the idea of having to fall on the floor at a church gathering and flop around like fish out of water. I don't recall the Bible describing this happening to the Apostles when they became filled with the Holy Spirit.

    Glad you asked Adam to present the verses because he probably never will.

    Great job De Maria! God Bless
    btw...how's Roberty Bob doing?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't know. He doesn't have his own blog and I haven't been to Greenbaggins recently. I thought I'd give them a break. They aren't really prepared for Catholic participation on that board.

      That's the only place I've ever bumped into him, though. If you decide to pop over, say hello to him for me.

      Delete
  2. I've never been over to Greenbaggins, as my "apologetics" is quite shameful at this stage and I know it needs improving. But I know I've seen him over at Called To Communion or Steve Ray's site. He seems like he understands Scripture pretty good and doesn't seem to distort what is most obvious. He seems very honest.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I go to Steve's quite a bit. I hadn't seen Roberty there.

      I rarely go to CTC, I can barely get in a word edgewise and when I do, there's so many responses, I can't follow the dialogue. But I haven't seen him there either.

      I agree. I admire the guy. I don't know why he's not Catholic. But I do know that there are circumstances which keep people away.

      I had a friend, with whom I've lost touch, who would not do it because of his mother. Although he had his daughter baptized Catholic. I have another friend, who won't do it because of his wife. He believes she will leave him if he becomes Catholic.

      All we can do is pray for them.

      Delete
  3. Yes, Roberty Bob shows himself every-once-and-awhile over at CTC and Steve's site but not the frequency of Greenbaggins apparently.

    I agree with the CTC board: getting a word in edge-wise is very difficult because by the time you answer one person, there are twenty more that have brought up questions and challenges that are so distorted, self refuting, and misguided that attempting to "straighten out" their arguments, one ends up having to start with Theology 101 on the pre-school level....Shhheeeezzzz!

    Sadly I too know someone who IS Catholic but won't practice his Faith because his wife is a JW and she has threatened to leave him and take the children if he so much as puts up a Christmas tree. I also worked with a young lady who really wanted to enter the Catholic Church but her parents were so against it, they threatened to disown her and their grandkids! This is idiocy and pride at the highest level! Truly mind boggling if you ask me. But, 'yes' all we can do is pray for them.

    God Bless and have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. JW's don't come around here anymore. O_O I wonder why?

    You too, Mark.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for contributing.