Wednesday, April 22, 2015

I think very highly of St. Paul.

De Maria says:


  • Hello Steve,
    Steve Martin says:
    September 21, 2012 at 10:51 pm
    DeMaria,

    You must not think too much of St. Paul and Romans 7.
    I think very highly of St. Paul. I emulate his life to the best of my ability. I also love all the Word of God, including Romans 7. So, you’re wrong on that point.
    You must think that wasn’t a Christian writing that.
    I know that St. Paul is a Christian. And still a member of the Body of Christ to whom I pray almost daily. So, you’re wrong on that point also.
    You also, I’m sure, don’t think too much about the sins of omission.
    I don’t think you know what a sin of omission is. Otherwise you would believe in faith and works. If you believe in sins of omission, then you automatically contradict faith alone. Think about it.
    They are every bit as deadly as the sins of commission.
    Agreed. That is why faith alone is dead. Read Matt 25:31-46. That is the definition of sins of omission.
    I’m sure you live on a thin margin of income and give the rest to the poor. I’m sure you’ve sold all your possessions (except your computer) and have given it all to the poor. And I’m sure you routinely visit nursing homes and jails and work with the homeless.

    You really ought reread the Pharisee and the tax collector parable and see where you fit in. You don’t sound very much like the real sinner who went away justified…but more like the guy who thought he was doing a pretty good job of it.
    1. Whether I do enough to merit God’s favor or not, is between God and I. I bet you haven’t seen this in Scripture either:
    Romans 14:4
    King James Version (KJV)
    4 Who art thou that judgest another man’s servant? to his own master he standeth or falleth. Yea, he shall be holden up: for God is able to make him stand.
    God is my Judge. Not you.
    2. It seems you need to reread the verse. I’m not the one exalting myself over another. It is you who are exalting yourself over me.
    But you also will be judged by God, no matter how much you claim to be saved by sins of omission (faith alone).
    Sincerely,
    De Maria
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Thanks for contributing.