Saturday, April 25, 2015

Those who exalt themselves have received their reward


  • De Maria says:
    Hi again Steve,
    Steve Martin says:
    September 23, 2012 at 8:57 am
    De Maria,

    I’m only stating the facts.
    No, Steve, you’re not. If you were, you could support your claims with Scripture. But you can’t.
    I’m not upset with you.
    I didn’t say you were.
    I’m trying to help you to understand the the severity of God’s law and it’s perfect demand.

    And I am trying to help you understand that faith alone is a tradition of men.

    If you will not see it, then you will not see it.
    Again, God is my judge. As for you, since you claim to see, I’ll let Scripture explain it to you:
    John 9:41
    Jesus said unto them, If ye were blind, ye should have no sin: but now ye say, We see; therefore your sin remaineth.
    I’m not your judge, nor are you mine. But we will be judged.
    By our works:
    Revelation 22:12-15
    King James Version (KJV)
    12 And, behold, I come quickly; and my reward is with me, to give every man according as his work shall be. 13 I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the end, the first and the last. 14 Blessed are they that do his commandments, that they may have right to the tree of life, and may enter in through the gates into the city. 15 For without are dogs, and sorcerers, and whoremongers, and murderers, and idolaters, and whosoever loveth and maketh a lie.
    Romans 2:1-9
    King James Version (KJV)
    1 Therefore thou art inexcusable, O man, whosoever thou art that judgest: for wherein thou judgest another, thou condemnest thyself; for thou that judgest doest the same things. 2 But we are sure that the judgment of God is according to truth against them which commit such things. 3 And thinkest thou this, O man, that judgest them which do such things, and doest the same, that thou shalt escape the judgment of God? 4 Or despisest thou the riches of his goodness and forbearance and longsuffering; not knowing that the goodness of God leadeth thee to repentance? 5 But after thy hardness and impenitent heart treasurest up unto thyself wrath against the day of wrath and revelation of the righteous judgment of God; 6 Who will render to every man according to his deeds: 7 To them who by patient continuance in well doing seek for glory and honour and immortality, eternal life: 8 But unto them that are contentious, and do not obey the truth, but obey unrighteousness, indignation and wrath, 9 Tribulation and anguish, upon every soul of man that doeth evil, of the Jew first, and also of the Gentile;
    Jesus said that He came for the sick. And that the healthy do not need a physician.
    That is a double entendre. It means that those who exalt themselves have received their reward. But not God’s.
    Matthew 6:2
    Therefore when thou doest thine alms, do not sound a trumpet before thee, as the hypocrites do in the synagogues and in the streets, that they may have glory of men. Verily I say unto you, They have their reward.
    Protestants can save themselves by their faith alone all they want. They have their reward. But not God’s.
    I know that I haven’t done a very good job at living the Christian life. That I’m often self-occupied and too busy for others. I know that I have trouble letting go of my “hard-earned” possessions and money. But that’s just me.

    I’m happy for you that you have a handle on all of this.
    Thank you.
    Sincerely,
    De Maria
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Thanks for contributing.