Tuesday, November 6, 2012

I am just an ordinary Catholic

Gus said:
"But you are talking about mystics or saints, and I am neither. I am just an ordinary Catholic trying to save my soul."

Lutero responds:
Thank you for proving that Catholics think they can save themselves...
I add:

1 Timothy 4:16

King James Version (KJV)

16 Take heed unto thyself, and unto the doctrine; continue in them: for in doing this thou shalt both save thyself, and them that hear thee.

Show me from Scripture that we shouldn't attempt to save ourselves.
On the other hand, Scripture does not say that you have the right to judge your own salvation. Scripture does not say you can judge the merit of your faith alone and claim to be saved:

1 Corinthians 4:2-4

King James Version (KJV)

Moreover it is required in stewards, that a man be found faithful.
But with me it is a very small thing that I should be judged of you, or of man's judgment: yea, I judge not mine own self.
For I know nothing by myself; yet am I not hereby justified: but he that judgeth me is the Lord.

Especially not by a so called, "faith alone".
James 2:24

King James Version (KJV)

24 Ye see then how that by works a man is justified, and not by faith only.

Or if Scripture says that you are your own judge, show me the chapter and verse. Show me.

Romans 14:10

King James Version (KJV)

10 But why dost thou judge thy brother? or why dost thou set at nought thy brother? for we shall all stand before the judgment seat of Christ.


Sincerely,

De Maria

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for contributing.