Tuesday, November 13, 2012

November 14, 2012

Wednesday of the Thirty-second Week in Ordinary Time

Lectionary: 493

First Reading from St. Paul's epistle to St. Titus

Ti 3:1-7

Beloved:
Remind them to be under the control of magistrates and authorities,
to be obedient, to be open to every good enterprise.

Instruct them to be subordinate to the government.

They are to slander no one, to be peaceable, considerate,
exercising all graciousness toward everyone.

They are always to be polite and civil towatds everyone.

For we ourselves were once foolish, disobedient, deluded,
slaves to various desires and pleasures,
living in malice and envy,
hateful ourselves and hating one another.

For we ourselves were once unwise and undisciplined, addicted to pleasure and overcome by our desires hating ourselves and those around us.

But when the kindness and generous love
of God our savior appeared,
not because of any righteous deeds we had done
but because of his mercy,
he saved us through the bath of rebirth
and renewal by the Holy Spirit,
whom he richly poured out on us
through Jesus Christ our savior,
so that we might be justified by his grace
and become heirs in hope of eternal life.

But when Christ appeared in the flesh, not because of anything we did, but because of the mercy of God, He saved us through Baptism and being made new by the Holy Spirit whom God poured out on us through Christ our Savior so that we might be washed of our sins and and become His adopted sons with the hope of entering into the Kingdom of Heaven.

Responsorial Psalm Ps 23:1b-3a, 3bc-4, 5, 6

R. (1) The Lord is my shepherd; there is nothing I shall want.

The LORD is my shepherd; I shall not want.
In verdant pastures he gives me repose;
Beside restful waters he leads me;
he refreshes my soul.

R. The Lord is my shepherd; there is nothing I shall want.

He guides me in right paths
for his name's sake.
Even though I walk in the dark valley
I fear no evil; for you are at my side
With your rod and your staff
that give me courage.

R. The Lord is my shepherd; there is nothing I shall want.

You spread the table before me
in the sight of my foes;
You anoint my head with oil;
my cup overflows.

R. The Lord is my shepherd; there is nothing I shall want.

Only goodness and kindness follow me
all the days of my life;
And I shall dwell in the house of the LORD
for years to come.

R. The Lord is my shepherd; there is nothing I shall want.

The Word of God is lamp for our feet.  Remain steadfast in well doing. Remember that in the end, you will receive a crown of righteousness:

1 Peter 1:6-8
King James Version (KJV)
6 Wherein ye greatly rejoice, though now for a season, if need be, ye are in heaviness through manifold temptations:  7 That the trial of your faith, being much more precious than of gold that perisheth, though it be tried with fire, might be found unto praise and honour and glory at the appearing of Jesus Christ:  8 Whom having not seen, ye love; in whom, though now ye see him not, yet believing, ye rejoice with joy unspeakable and full of glory:


A reading from the Holy Gospel according to St. Luke

Lk 17:11-19

As Jesus continued his journey to Jerusalem,
he traveled through Samaria and Galilee.

On His way to Jersusalem, Jesus passed through Samaria and Galilee.

As he was entering a village, ten lepers met him.
They stood at a distance from him and raised their voice, saying,
"Jesus, Master! Have pity on us!"

As He approached a certain village, ten lepers saw Him and asked for His mercy.

And when he saw them, he said,
"Go show yourselves to the priests."

Upon seeing them, He said, "Go and show yourself to the Priests."

As they were going they were cleansed.

They started on their way.

And one of them, realizing he had been healed,
returned, glorifying God in a loud voice;
and he fell at the feet of Jesus and thanked him.

One of them, upon noticing that he was healed, returned, Praising God loudly and dropped to the ground before Jesus to thank Him.

He was a Samaritan.

Jesus said in reply,
"Ten were cleansed, were they not?
Where are the other nine?
Has none but this foreigner returned to give thanks to God?"
Then he said to him, "Stand up and go;
your faith has saved you."

Jesus looked around and said, "where are the other 9?  Has only the foreigner come back to thank God?"  Then He said to the Samaritan, "Stand up and go your way, your faith has saved you."

Sincerely,

De Maria

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for contributing.