Monday, November 12, 2012

That is actually close to the truth.


Luther:

RCC calls Jesus Savior.
Correct.


However, it then goes on and on and on and on about OUR good words, OUR lives, OUR obedence, OUR heart - as what saves.
Not true. The Catholic Church teaches that GOD SAVES those who do the good works which He commands. Let me show you from Scripture:

Matthew 25:31-46

King James Version (KJV)

31 When the Son of man shall come in his glory, and all the holy angels with him, then shall he sit upon the throne of his glory:
32 And before him shall be gathered all nations: and he shall separate them one from another, as a shepherd divideth his sheep from the goats:
33 And he shall set the sheep on his right hand, but the goats on the left.
34 Then shall the King say unto them on his right hand, Come, ye blessed of my Father, inherit the kingdom prepared for you from the foundation of the world:
35 For I was an hungred, and ye gave me meat: I was thirsty, and ye gave me drink: I was a stranger, and ye took me in:
36 Naked, and ye clothed me: I was sick, and ye visited me: I was in prison, and ye came unto me.
37 Then shall the righteous answer him, saying, Lord, when saw we thee an hungred, and fed thee? or thirsty, and gave thee drink?
38 When saw we thee a stranger, and took thee in? or naked, and clothed thee?
39 Or when saw we thee sick, or in prison, and came unto thee?
40 And the King shall answer and say unto them, Verily I say unto you, Inasmuch as ye have done it unto one of the least of these my brethren, ye have done it unto me.
41 Then shall he say also unto them on the left hand, Depart from me, ye cursed, into everlasting fire, prepared for the devil and his angels:
42 For I was an hungred, and ye gave me no meat: I was thirsty, and ye gave me no drink:
43 I was a stranger, and ye took me not in: naked, and ye clothed me not: sick, and in prison, and ye visited me not.
44 Then shall they also answer him, saying, Lord, when saw we thee an hungred, or athirst, or a stranger, or naked, or sick, or in prison, and did not minister unto thee?
45 Then shall he answer them, saying, Verily I say unto you, Inasmuch as ye did it not to one of the least of these, ye did it not to me.
46 And these shall go away into everlasting punishment: but the righteous into life eternal.


Now, lets consider. The Sheep did the works which God commanded. Therefore God called them righteous and they were rewarded with eternal life.

The Goats did not do the works which God commanded. They claimed to believe though, that is evidenced by the fact they called Him, "Lord". But they did not obey. Therefore they were sent to eternal punishment.

Therefore, faith alone is dead. They are saved who by faith do the works of God.


As soon as any Protestant says Christ saves, the Catholic is quick to jump in and remove the sufficiency of that - ADDING that "but we must....."
Scripture does that. We simply tell you what Scripture teaches and you refuse to believe us as you refuse to believe Scripture:
Hebrews 5:9

King James Version (KJV)

And being made perfect, he became the author of eternal salvation unto all them that obey him;


The end result is that Jesus is not the Savior. Jesus is the HELPER.
No. For the Catholic Church, Jesus is the Saviour and we are the helpers.

For Protestants, you each claim to be your own saviours by your faith alone. Jesus neither helps nor judges nor recommends nor suggests nor has anything to do with how you save yourselves. 


WE couldn't be saved without Jesus doing His thing, but salvation actually depends on the one you see in the mirror.
The RC Denomination exists to help us save ourselves.
That is actually close to the truth. As Scripture says:
1 Timothy 4:16

King James Version (KJV)

16 Take heed unto thyself, and unto the doctrine; continue in them: for in doing this thou shalt both save thyself, and them that hear thee.

Yeah, the Catholic Church helps you to learn how to save yourself by obeying Jesus Christ. Whereas, Protestants are described best in these words:

Matthew 23:13

King James Version (KJV)

13 But woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! for ye shut up the kingdom of heaven against men: for ye neither go in yourselves, neither suffer ye them that are entering to go in.

Sincerely,

De Maria

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for contributing.