Tuesday, April 2, 2013

What does Scripture say?


Lutero
What does the Scripture say ?
Scripture says not by faith only:
James 2:24
Ye see then how that by works a man is justified, and not by faith only.


Hmmm do you even know?
Yes. See above.


8 For by grace you have been saved through faith; and that not of yourselves, it is the gift of God;
9 not as a result of works, that no one should boast.
(Eph 2:8-9 NAS)
We don't claim to be saved by works. We claim that God saves. It is you who claim to be saved by faith only. Thereby shoving God right out of the picture.


Exactly what don't you comprehend does it say faith and something else ? Does it say faith and works ? NO to both question and James 2 isn't going to help you because the Scripture doesn't contradict each other or is this a game of scripture trumps scripture--grow up. James is referring to the fruits of that faith or proof of that saving faith.
How you deny the words of Christ. Christ says:

John 14:23-24

King James Version (KJV)

23Jesus answered and said unto him, If a man love me, he will keep my words: and my Father will love him, and we will come unto him, and make our abode with him.
24He that loveth me not keepeth not my sayings: and the word which ye hear is not mine, but the Father's which sent me.

But you say, "what does Christ know? I can save myself by my faith ALONE."

Sincerely,

De Maria

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for contributing.