Thursday, April 25, 2013

WHERE IN THE BIBLE DOES IT SAY TO BOW TO THE POPE


  1. Christian Truth said:
    WHERE IN THE BIBLE DOES IT SAY TO BOW TO THE POPE AND KISS HIS FEET?

    It doesn't.
    1. But the Pope represents Christ to us. When a Catholic kisses a Pope or a Bishop or a Priest, he is kissing Jesus whom they represent. 2 Corinthians 5:20

    2. The Bible does not forbid doing obeisance to God's anointed. Exodus 3:1Exodus 18:72 Samuel 1:2

    WHERE IN THE BIBLE DOES IT SAY TO MAKE STATUES AND BOW AND INCENSE THEM?

    The Bible does not forbid making statues as long as they are not for idolatry:

    Exodus 25:18
    The Bible does not forbid us honoring our saints: Matthew 10:42
    The Bible says that incense represents the prayers of the Saints:

    Revelation 8:3
    And recommends perpetual incense: Exodus 30:8Malachi 1:1

    WHERE IN THE BIBLE DOES IT SAY TO PRAY TO RELICS FOR A HEALING?

    We don't pray to relics as I have already mentioned. Relics are used as recommended in the New Testament:
    Acts 19:12

    We do, however, pray to the Saints whose relics we are using, for their intercession before God:
    Acts 3:2-7John 14:12

    Your religion goes against the word of God!
    My reply: The Catholic Church teaches things from demons.


    Nope. You talk about things you don't understand.

    My reply: You do not know enough of what I believe, 

    That's not a good thing friend. You see, the Gospel of Jesus Christ has been around 2000 years. It is not hidden, it is not gnostic. Apparently, yours is, since you are the only man who believes the way you do. Apparently, God only wants to save you. Because you don't agree with any other man's understanding of the Word of God.

    so how do you say, “Some of you believe…”

    Because you are par for the course as regards those who refuse to listen to the Church. Your doctrines come and go with the wind.

    You have the nerve to say to me “Some of you…” Your own Catholic religion has many different sects. I believe in only the Word of God. 

    All the Catholic sects believe the same thing. They simply emphasize different spiritual gifts. Some are teachers, some are healers, some help the poor. But we all believe the same doctrines.

    My reply: I only believe in the Word of God.

    You only believe in YOUR word.

    Sincerely,
    De Maria
    ReplyDelete


  2. Christians Truth said...My reply: What are you talking about when you say, “Some of you non-Catholics …say that the Old Testament is more important”? You need to stop saying, “some of you…” Debate me, and stop bringing others into it.


    Ok.



    My reply: Paul is now talking about exhorting one another, exhorting each other about NOT SINNING, NOT exhorting each other about not gathering!

    St. Paul is talking about the Mass. We can correlate to 1 Cor 10:16.



    My reply: Paul is speaking about willfully sinning, not about not gathering! Are you that blind?

    He is talking about willfully missing the Mass. Willfully missing the Mass is willfully committing sin.


    My reply: You need to always show scripture when you want to make claims to me about your beliefs.

    I am doing so. You simply keep denying everything I post and say. But that's ok. I know that we disagree on these things. I'm not here to convince you of anything. I'm simply posting the Catholic answer for whomever might decide to read this blog.

    In addition, you REALLY need to explain what you are trying to say with that last statement!

    Spiritual death is the definition of a mortal sin:
    1 John 5:16

    

My reply: You are lost.

    No friend. You are a Catholic who has rejected the Sacrifice of our Lord. It is you who are lost:
    Heb 6:4-6

    Sincerely,
    De Maria
    ReplyDelete


  3. Christians Truth said...My reply: Who are the reasonable people to judge between you and me? 


    Whoever reads our debate.

My reply: Catholics do things that God says not to!

    I believe I have proven that is a false statement.


    

My reply: I know whom the bronze snake represents. How does what you say defend that the Catholics incense statues and other objects?

    My reply: I obey God by not incensing material objects. However, you sin by defending such blasphemy.
    My reply: I obey God by not incensing material objects. However, you sin by defending such blasphemy.


    The Bible does not forbid us honoring our saints: Matthew 10:42
    The Bible says that incense represents the prayers of the Saints: Revelation 8:3
    And recommends perpetual incense: Exodus 30:8Malachi 1:1

     My reply: The bronze snake was destroyed because the Israelites burned incense to it. The bronze snake was made of bronze, so how are you not guilty of burning incense to objects and not sinning for doing so? 

    The bronze snake was destroyed because the Israelites were worshipping it. We worship only God and the incense we burn is only for God. 



    My reply: No way is what you say true.

    It is. The Word of God in Tradition and Scripture is taught by the Catholic Church. The New Testament was written by the Catholic Church.



    My reply: I am telling you the error of your ways, you are being explained the word of God. I pray that you repent to God, through Jesus Christ.

    I pray the same for you.

    Anyway, thanks for the brisk discussion. I'm sorry I haven't had time recently to answer more promptly.

    Sincerely,

    De Maria

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for contributing.