Wednesday, April 3, 2013

You seem not to know what faith means.



Lutero
Demaria,

You seem not to know what faith means.
I beg to differ. It is you who does not know what faith means.

Faith is trust in Gods promises.
That is true. We believe in God's promises. Let me enumerate them:
Matthew 19:17
And he said unto him, Why callest thou me good? there is none good but one, that is, God: but if thou wilt enter into life, keep the commandments.

Matthew 25:31-46

King James Version (KJV)

31When the Son of man shall come in his glory, and all the holy angels with him, then shall he sit upon the throne of his glory:
32And before him shall be gathered all nations: and he shall separate them one from another, as a shepherd divideth his sheep from the goats:
33And he shall set the sheep on his right hand, but the goats on the left.
34Then shall the King say unto them on his right hand, Come, ye blessed of my Father, inherit the kingdom prepared for you from the foundation of the world:
35For I was an hungred, and ye gave me meat: I was thirsty, and ye gave me drink: I was a stranger, and ye took me in:
36Naked, and ye clothed me: I was sick, and ye visited me: I was in prison, and ye came unto me.
37Then shall the righteous answer him, saying, Lord, when saw we thee an hungred, and fed thee? or thirsty, and gave thee drink?
38When saw we thee a stranger, and took thee in? or naked, and clothed thee?
39Or when saw we thee sick, or in prison, and came unto thee?
40And the King shall answer and say unto them, Verily I say unto you, Inasmuch as ye have done it unto one of the least of these my brethren, ye have done it unto me.
41Then shall he say also unto them on the left hand, Depart from me, ye cursed, into everlasting fire, prepared for the devil and his angels:
42For I was an hungred, and ye gave me no meat: I was thirsty, and ye gave me no drink:
43I was a stranger, and ye took me not in: naked, and ye clothed me not: sick, and in prison, and ye visited me not.
44Then shall they also answer him, saying, Lord, when saw we thee an hungred, or athirst, or a stranger, or naked, or sick, or in prison, and did not minister unto thee?
45Then shall he answer them, saying, Verily I say unto you, Inasmuch as ye did it not to one of the least of these, ye did it not to me.
46And these shall go away into everlasting punishment: but the righteous into life eternal.


Mark 16:16
He that believeth and is baptized shall be saved; but he that believeth not shall be damned.
John 6:54
Whoso eateth my flesh, and drinketh my blood, hath eternal life; and I will raise him up at the last day.

Hebrews 5:9
And being made perfect, he became the author of eternal salvation unto all them thatobey him;

I believe all of that. You deny all of that. Who has faith in Christ?

Jesus promised that if we repent God will forgive
.

Amen!

To be forgiven and to trust we are forgiven is to be saved. We are saved from Gods Judgement.
That is true. But you are confusing yourself with God. You think you have the authority to JUDGE YOURSELF. Whereas, that is God's job:
1 Corinthians 4:2-5

King James Version (KJV)

2Moreover it is required in stewards, that a man be found faithful.
3But with me it is a very small thing that I should be judged of you, or of man's judgment: yea, I judge not mine own self.
4For I know nothing by myself; yet am I not hereby justified: but he that judgeth me is the Lord.
5Therefore judge nothing before the time, until the Lord come, who both will bring to light the hidden things of darkness, and will make manifest the counsels of the hearts: and then shall every man have praise of God.


Look at these folks, they sound like true believers in Christ. But what does Christ say?
Matthew 7:20-23

King James Version (KJV)

20Wherefore by their fruits ye shall know them.
21Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven.
22Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works?
23And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity.


As is verified in Matt 25 posted above. Where the Goats did nothing at all. They did no evil. They did not do any good. They claimed to love Christ as do you and the other Protestants. But in your actions or lack thereof, you deny Him.

We do not deserve salvation at all.
Amen!

In fact our love for God springs from our recognition that we do not deserve Gods love and forgiveness, yet he offers it to us and asks us to believe it. (faith)
He asks more than that. He asks that you act upon your faith:
John 14:23
Jesus answered and said unto him, If a man love me, he will keep my words: and my Father will love him, and we will come unto him, and make our abode with him.

Anybody can claim to love God. But only those who keep His Commandments, which you and the rest of these guys claim deny, only those who keep His Commandments, love God and will be loved by Him in return:
John 14:21
He that hath my commandments, and keepeth them, he it is that loveth me: and he that loveth me shall be loved of my Father, and I will love him, and will manifest myself to him.

So only by Gods grace can we be saved. And only though faith can we realize Gods grace for us. Only Gods grace saves, and not some act by ourselves. So we are saved by Gods Grace, through our faith, apart from any works of the Law. (Pauls statment)
You guys love to quote that of St. Paul. But you bury under the rug the following statements:
Romans 2:7

King James Version (KJV)

7To them who by patient continuance in well doing seek for glory and honour and immortality, eternal life:

Romans 2:13

King James Version (KJV)

13(For not the hearers of the law are just before God, but the doers of the law shall be justified.

Galatians 5:6
For in Jesus Christ neither circumcision availeth any thing, nor uncircumcision; but faithwhich worketh by love.

1 Corinthians 7:19

King James Version (KJV)

19Circumcision is nothing, and uncircumcision is nothing, but the keeping of the commandments of God.


This is why we love God.
Loving God isn't merely a statement or a claim. God says, put your money where your mouth is:
John 14:15
If ye love me, keep my commandments.

John 15:10
If ye keep my commandments, ye shall abide in my love; even as I have kept my Father's commandments, and abide in his love.
You see, God says, if you love me, keep my commandments. You say, "sorry, no can do. I'm saved by my faith alone."

It is NOT because of what he may give us in the future. (That would merely be sucking up to get some reward out of God)
How you twist the Word of God. You have just twisted the Word of God until it is unrecognizable. God Himself says that if we believe in Him we will believe His Promises:
2 Corinthians 7:1
Having therefore these promises, dearly beloved, let us cleanse ourselves from all filthiness of the flesh and spirit, perfecting holiness in the fear of God.

You have turned the Word of God upside down. Those of us who have faith in God and His promises you call "suck ups". But you deny His word and promises and claim to have faith. But that isn't faith in God. That is faith in your own word.

We love God because of what He has already given to us in the present - his forgiveness and love known in Christ.
Scripture says if you love God, keep His Commandments. Until you can say that you are at least trying to keep His Commandments, rather than claiming they are unnecessary, you are contradicting God's Word.

We do not ursurp his judgment. He Himself ursurped his judgement by giving us his Gospel message known in Christ. We do not deserve this at all. But we realize it through our faith.
Yes, you do usurp His Judgment. His Word says that you need to wait for Him to judge you.
Sincerely, De Maria

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for contributing.