Monday, December 10, 2012

The Dream

Before Election Day this year, I had a strange dream.

I drove up to a building carrying many boxes.  I went directly to the door, entered a big hall and took the boxes to a closet where I stored them.  Then I headed back to my van to get some more stuff.

Before I could get to the door out of the building, I heard a voice from behind me.  I had the distinct impression it was a black man, very tall.  And he said, "You've done enough.  Aren't you forgetting something?"

I said, "yes",  and I turned towards a door which was down another hall which intersected the first hall at the door to the building.  I walked over there and opened the door.  The room  was like a gymnasium.  But it was filled with people standing around against the walls.  In front of the door I was entering, was a long table which looked like a wedding table.  There was no cake though.  In the middle of the table, under the basketball goal, my wife sat in a glorious wedding dress.  I wanted  to go sit by her.  But I was confused, because we had been married long ago and because I felt terribly out of place because I was wearing work clothes.  So I sneaked over to the end of the table and sat down on one of the metal chairs there.

As I sat there, I heard a woman prophesying gloom and doom.  It was one of my sister's in law.  That made me angry and I walked over besides my wife and I said, "What are you talking about?  You know that you used to dance!  Now come on and dance with me."  I started to climb over the table to dance with her.  Although I wasn't certain that she would dance with me.  When suddenly the song, "Tear the roof off, we're gonna tear the roof off",  began to play and all the people on the walls filled the dance floor.

That was the end of the dream.

Now, I do believe that God speaks to us in dreams.  And although my first impression was that God was telling me that I would soon die (i.e. rest from my labors), my next thought was that Obama would lose the election.  I got the impression that most of the people in the dream were black, except for me, and therefore, since this was before the election, I thought the dream was telling me that black people would "join the dance" and vote pro-life against Obama.

But that was wrong.

Then, before Advent, one of our priests mentioned that the Church would begin a new Mass which would include prayers for reunification of Christians in this year of Faith.

And so, now I believe that we will see wonders this year.  The grace of God will pour out into the world and the New Springtime of Pope John Paul II will emerge.  The Church will be revitalized.  That is why everyone in the gym in my dream was joining the dance.

This has been confirmed twice now.  On one debate blog (Steve Ray's), a former Catholic revealed to a Catholic commenter that he felt uncomfortable not being Catholic.  In a discussion at a bakery, a fallen away Catholic asked me what he needed to do to get back to Church.  Then today, at the homily, the Deacon used the words, "they were tearing down the roof to get in."

So, that is what I think the dream means.  The Church is imminently going to see a new Springtime.  People will be tearing down the roof to get in.

Why am I telling you this?  Because Scripture says we are to seek the gifts of the Spirit in order to edify  the Church:


1 Corinthians 14:4-6
King James Version (KJV)
4 He that speaketh in an unknown tongue edifieth himself; but he that prophesieth edifieth the church.
5 I would that ye all spake with tongues but rather that ye prophesied: for greater is he that prophesieth than he that speaketh with tongues, except he interpret, that the church may receive edifying.
6 Now, brethren, if I come unto you speaking with tongues, what shall I profit you, except I shall speak to you either by revelation, or by knowledge, or by prophesying, or by doctrine?


I know that I have been awaiting the new Springtime for a long time.  But now I think it will be here soon.

Sincerely,

De Maria

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for contributing.