Thursday, August 22, 2013

Lectio Divina - Aug 23, 2013

Today we have many beautiful Scriptures to meditate upon in the Daily Readings.  Difficult to choose one.  In the first reading however, Ruth said to Naomi:

 Ruth 1:16  “Do not ask me to abandon or forsake you!For wherever you go, I will go, wherever you lodge I will lodge,your people shall be my people, and your God my God.”

Let us pray:
Dear Lord,

I want to be this courageous.  To give myself so completely and to behave so selflessly.  Ruth, conscious of Naomi's old age and abandonment, would not leave her side until she could be assured of Naomi's welfare.  Dear Lord, grant that we may be blessed with the courage of our sweet Matriarch, Ruth, wife of Boaz, mother of Jesse from whose line our Lord was born.

We ask this in our Lord Jesus' name.

Amen!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for contributing.