Wednesday, February 4, 2015

Always be ready to give an answer, but do it with charity


SK:
Though I hope De Maria's apology is true and genuine, I await to SEE if it's true by waiting for actions to back-up the apology. I am not mocking, and perhaps was just expressing the general doubt of true apologies because of past experiences from catholic apologists. 
I'm not sure what actions you want to see. I intend to continue defending Catholic doctrine. However, recently I have found it difficult to do so in the Spirit which Scripture teaches:

1 Peter 3:14-16
King James Version (KJV)14 But and if ye suffer for righteousness' sake, happy are ye: and be not afraid of their terror, neither be troubled; 15 But sanctify the Lord God in your hearts: and be ready always to give an answer to every man that asketh you a reason of the hope that is in you with meekness and fear: 16 Having a good conscience; that, whereas they speak evil of you, as of evildoers, they may be ashamed that falsely accuse your good conversation in Christ.

That is what I intend to do.

See you on the forum.

Sincerely,

De Maria

6 comments:

  1. Uh oh! De Maria

    Did you hurt someone's feelings? Funny how defending the Truth of Our Faith can do that. I hope that is all that happened.

    God Bless

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was on a forum where the debates were getting very bitter. So, I thought I'd offer an olive branch. This guy took it as a concession. Unfortunately, the tone of the debates didn't change.

      Delete
  2. Ah ha! The ole "bait and switch" routine, whereby someone throws out the idea that they are offended but what they want is for you to apologize and then turn your apology into an "admission of defeat" on your part.

    Well, I think you did the right thing. Keep it up :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol! Sounds like you've seen that before.

      Delete
    2. One too many times, sadly. And believe me! They lock onto it like a dog on a bone and never admit that you were right.

      Delete
  3. That goes to show that they have no arguments of substance.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for contributing.