Friday, March 20, 2020

God's work is accomplished through us

THE OLD ADAM June 8, 2013 at 7:14 am
The more that I interact on Christian blogs the more I realize that my pastor is right.
When I talk to him about people’s objections to the grace of God in favor of self-ascendant “Christian” schemes. he tells me, “The clay is baked.” He says, “why do you think Jesus told the disciples to dust off their sandals and leave?”
That is a false allegation. We neither separate the grace of God from His works accomplished through us, nor do we call it self ascendancy. It is you who describe it so. And it is this type of dishonesty which will prove your downfall.
In fact, it is you and all Protestants who practice so called, “self ascendancy ” since it is you who promote the idea of claiming your own salvation and thus usurping God’s authority to judge your soul.
Sometimes the clay is baked. And that’s it.
The older I get, the smarter my pastor gets.
Whether you are saved or not is God’s to decide. And God promised salvation only to those who obey His Son:
Hebrews 5:9
And being made perfect, he became the author of eternal salvation unto all them that obey him;
That means, keeping the Commandments:
John 14:21-24
King James Version (KJV)
21 He that hath my commandments, and keepeth them, he it is that loveth me: and he that loveth me shall be loved of my Father, and I will love him, and will manifest myself to him.
22 Judas saith unto him, not Iscariot, Lord, how is it that thou wilt manifest thyself unto us, and not unto the world?
23 Jesus answered and said unto him, If a man love me, he will keep my words: and my Father will love him, and we will come unto him, and make our abode with him.
24 He that loveth me not keepeth not my sayings: and the word which ye hear is not mine, but the Father’s which sent me.
Sincerely,
De Maria

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for contributing.