Saturday, August 21, 2021

Only those who obey Christ will be saved


  1. ROBERT May 25, 2013 at 10:16 am
    De Maria,
    Actually, I don’t feel good about myself. I am confident in my salvation not because I am faithful but because the Judge became incarnate and gave His life for me,
    He gave His life for all men. Including those who reject Him and wind up condemned.
    Hebrews 2:3
    How shall we escape, if we neglect so great salvation; which at the first began to be spoken by the Lord, and was confirmed unto us by them that heard him;
    and, believing in His resurrection I am saved.
    Only those who obey Christ will be saved:
    Hebrews 5:9
    And being made perfect, he became the author of eternal salvation unto all them that obey him;
    Your personal claims of salvation amount to the sin of presumption. You have exalted yourself above your station:
    Luke 18:14 ….for every one that exalteth himself shall be abased; and he that humbleth himself shall be exalted.
    Before God’s bar of justice, I am not faithful.
    If you know this for a fact, then how are you saved? Only the holy will see the Lord. Not the faithless.
    Hebrews 12:14
    Follow peace with all men, and holiness, without which no man shall see the Lord:
    He doesn’t grade on a curve, y’know.
    How God grades is His business.
    Throwing out a random verse from Romans 14 that is not dealing with justification proves nothing.
    Whenever you are ready, we can go through the Scriptures which deal with justification. Let us begin with this one:
    Romans 2:13
    (For not the hearers of the law are just before God, but the doers of the law shall be justified.
    You should actually try and make an argument from a verse that is pertinent to the situation.
    You should try to understand Scripture according to the way Scripture prescribes:
    2 Corinthians 3:6
    Who also hath made us able ministers of the new testament; not of the letter, but of the spirit: for the letter killeth, but the spirit giveth life.
    Apparently, you don’t know that you are saved. At least you’re being consistent with Roman teaching.
    It is from Scripture. We leave judgment to almighty God:
    1 Corinthians 4:2-4
    King James Version (KJV)
    2 Moreover it is required in stewards, that a man be found faithful. 3 But with me it is a very small thing that I should be judged of you, or of man’s judgment: yea, I judge not mine own self. 4 For I know nothing by myself; yet am I not hereby justified: but he that judgeth me is the Lord.
    But I tell you that you can know you are saved and that God wants you to know if you are saved. But that would mean trusting in Christ alone and not in a church that cannot save you. If you can participate in the mass daily and still end up in hell, the sacraments are doing absolutely nothing for you.
    Whether the Sacraments and the Mass are doing anything for me is between me and God. You need to attend to your own duty.
    Luke 17:10
    So likewise ye, when ye shall have done all those things which are commanded you, say, We are unprofitable servants: we have done that which was our duty to do.
    Sincerely,
    De Maria

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for contributing.