Saturday, August 14, 2021

Not faithful?

                       ROBERT May 25, 2013 at 10:16 am

  1. Actually, I don’t feel good about myself. I am confident in my salvation not because I am faithful but because the Judge became incarnate and gave His life for me, and, believing in His resurrection I am saved. Before God’s bar of justice, I am not faithful. He doesn’t grade on a curve, y’know. You're not faithful? And yet you are confident in your salvation? But didn't you say that you were saved by your faith alone? If you have no faith, then that means you have no salvation. Does God save the faithless? Didn't you say that He doesn't grade on a curve?
  2. Your belief system is full of contradictions.
  3. Throwing out a random verse from Romans 14 that is not dealing with justification proves nothing. You should actually try and make an argument from a verse that is pertinent to the situation.

    You've yet to provide any verse at all and your words are so contradictory, I don't think you'll be able to provide any verses.  The Scriptures do not contradict themselves. 

    Apparently, you don’t know that you are saved. 

    Because God is my Judge.  Here's what Scripture says about that:

  4. 1 Corinthians 4:2-4 King James Version

    2 Moreover it is required in stewards, that a man be found faithful. 3 But with me it is a very small thing that I should be judged of you, or of man's judgment: yea, I judge not mine own self.4 For I know nothing by myself; yet am I not hereby justified: but he that judgeth me is the Lord.

  5. At least you’re being consistent with Roman teaching. But I tell you that you can know you are saved and that God wants you to know if you are saved. But that would mean trusting in Christ alone and not in a church that cannot save you. If you can participate in the mass daily and still end up in hell, the sacraments are doing absolutely nothing for you.

    Where does Scripture say to trust in Christ alone?  You claim to trust Scripture, which was not written by Christ, therefore you're putting your trust in other people, not in Christ alone.  And you also trust your mom and dad, I assume.  I do.  And there are many other people whom I trust.  Here's what Scripture says about trusting others:

  6. Hebrews 13:7 King James Version

    7 Remember them which have the rule over you, who have spoken unto you the word of God: whose faith follow, considering the end of their conversation. 

    Sounds like Scripture wants you to trust your leaders in the Church. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for contributing.