Thursday, November 20, 2014

And what does the Son command us to do? The Father's will.


De Maria
Matthew 721 Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven.22 Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works?23 And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity. 
Luther: 
Look at the last line where Jesus said, "I NEVER KNEW YOU". Obviously those people were never His to begin with. If they were then He would know them.
And what is your point?

My point is that you can't judge yourself saved. This is proven by Matt 7:21-23 because the workers of iniquity assumed they were saved. They even called Jesus, Lord. But Jesus said that they were condemned because they did not DO the will of the Father.

What is the Will of the Father?

Is it the will of the Father that you sit around doing nothing and proclaim yourself saved? No.

Leviticus 22:31
King James Version (KJV)31 Therefore shall ye keep my commandments, and do them: I am the Lord.

Is it the will of the Father that you should obey His Son? Yes.

Luke 9:35
King James Version (KJV)35 And there came a voice out of the cloud, saying, This is my beloved Son: hear him.

And what does the Son command us to do? The Father's will.
John 14:21-23
King James Version (KJV)21 He that hath my commandments, and keepeth them, he it is that loveth me: and he that loveth me shall be loved of my Father, and I will love him, and will manifest myself to him.22 Judas saith unto him, not Iscariot, Lord, how is it that thou wilt manifest thyself unto us, and not unto the world?23 Jesus answered and said unto him, If a man love me, he will keep my words: and my Father will love him, and we will come unto him, and make our abode with him.

Will anyone be saved who does not obey Him? No.
Hebrews 5:9
King James Version (KJV)And being made perfect, he became the author of eternal salvation unto all them that obey him;

Sincerely,

De Maria

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for contributing.