Monday, November 18, 2013

Why are Protestants so interested in judging others?


Lutero:

demaria,

That is what Jesus said. Have you done enough for the poor?
Why are Protestants so interested in judging others? What concern is it of yours whether I have done so? Jesus said it, your concern should be whether you have done so? 

Whether I have done enough for the poor or not is between God and I:
Romans 14:4

King James Version (KJV)

Who art thou that judgest another man's servant? to his own master he standeth or falleth. Yea, he shall be holden up: for God is able to make him stand.

I don't even judge myself, God is my judge:
1 Corinthians 4:2-4

King James Version (KJV)

Moreover it is required in stewards, that a man be found faithful.
But with me it is a very small thing that I should be judged of you, or of man's judgment: yea, I judge not mine own self.
For I know nothing by myself; yet am I not hereby justified: but he that judgeth me is the Lord.


Sincerely,

De Maria

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for contributing.