Tuesday, November 5, 2013

Why doesn't it stun you when one saint asks another for prayers

Luther said:
PRAYER TO ST. THERESEOlittle St. Theresa of the Child Jesus,who during your short life on earth became a mirrorof angelic purity, of lovestrong as death, and of wholehearted abandonment toGod, now that you rejoicein the reward of your virtues, cast a glance of pityon me as I leave allthings in your hands. Make my troubles your own - speak a word for me to ourLady Immaculate, whose flower of speciallove you were - to that Queen of heaven "whosmiled on you at the dawn oflife." Beg her as the Queenof the heartof Jesus to obtain for me by her powerful intercession, thegrace I yearn for soardently at this moment, and that she join with it ablessing that maystrengthen me during life. Defend me at the hour of death,and lead me straighton to a happy eternity.
Amen
http://www.ewtn.com/Devotionals/prayers/therese3.htm

I should have clarified what actually stunned me here with the above prayer - it's not about what Catholics believe and do regarding praying to Mary and the Saints - I've heard that over and over again............it's that in this particular prayer the first stop is a saint, who is then asked to pray to Mary....begging her, (not just asking) to intercede. I've just never seen a "compound" prayer like this before.
Saints for Sinners - The Lives of St. Augustine and St. Margaret The content itself doesn't surprise me. It saddens me to realize the wasted time spent by those praying in this manner, when they can and do have access to God the Father through Christ Jesus...it's as if they do not yet know this and are floundering around, wading through different saints.
She answered your question. If that stuns you, then why doesn't it stun you when one saint asks another for prayers for another. Same thing. We believe the children of God, the body of Christ, continue to live in Christ after they die. Why don't you?

Hebrews 12:21-24

King James Version (KJV)

21 And so terrible was the sight, that Moses said, I exceedingly fear and quake
22 But ye are come unto mount Sion, and unto the city of the living God, the heavenly Jerusalem, and to an innumerable company of angels,
23 To the general assembly and church of the firstborn, which are written in heaven, and to God the Judge of all, and to the spirits of just men made perfect,
24 And to Jesus the mediator of the new covenant, and to the blood of sprinkling, that speaketh better things than that of Abel.

Scripture tells us that we are walking amongst them right here on earth.

2 Kings 6:16-18

King James Version (KJV)

16 And he answered, Fear not: for they that be with us are more than they that be with them.
17 And Elisha prayed, and said, Lord, I pray thee, open his eyes, that he may see. And the Lordopened the eyes of the young man; and he saw: and, behold, the mountain was full of horses and chariots of fire round about Elisha.
18 And when they came down to him, Elisha prayed unto the Lord, and said, Smite this people, I pray thee, with blindness. And he smote them with blindness according to the word of Elisha.

Hebrews 12:1

King James Version (KJV)

12 Wherefore seeing we also are compassed about with so great a cloud of witnesses, let us lay aside every weight, and the sin which doth so easily beset us, and let us run with patience the race that is set before us,

Matthew 22:32

King James Version (KJV)

32 I am the God of Abraham, and the God of Isaac, and the God of Jacob? God is not the God of the dead, but of the living.

Sincerely,

De Maria

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for contributing.