Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Apostle of the Sacraments



Lighthouse Catholic Media store


It has only been recently, I guess since the year of St. Paul, that he became a more profound influence on my life.  Before that time, I was sort of irked by St. Paul, because I blamed him for the Protestant Revolution.

That's funny, huh?  Well my logic was this, if he had been less confusing in his epistles, St. Peter wouldn't have said about him:

2 Peter 3:16
King James Version (KJV)
16 As also in all his epistles, speaking in them of these things; in which are some things hard to be understood, which they that are unlearned and unstable wrest, as they do also the other scriptures, unto their own destruction.

Obviously, Martin Luther was one of those, I figgered, who had wrestled with these confusing things which St. Paul said and had succumbed, been led astray and as a result, revolted against the Church.  Ergo, the Protestant Revolution.

Lol!  Thank God that I had long ago cultivated a personal relationship with Jesus Christ and all our brethren, the Saints.  Because, in my prayers, I told him so, directly.  I was sincerely angry with him and told him so.  This was before the Church declared the year of St. Paul.

Then, my son became a missionary for Net Ministries.  And, he asked us to pray to St. Paul on their behalf, because he is the Patron of missionaries and because the Pope had just declared the year of St. Paul.  So we did.

So, as a family, we made a year long novena to St. Paul.  In fact, we continue to pray to St. Paul everyday to this day.  

Suddenly, however, I began to see the Sacramental aspect of St. Paul's teachings.  Far from being confusing, his topics are hard to be understood because they are explanations or descriptions of the mysteries of Our Lord. 

Sincerely,

De Maria




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for contributing.