Sunday, August 19, 2012

St. Patrick's Catholic Church in Dwight, IL

The past three months or so, I've been attending a small Parish in a town where I've been working. St. Patrick's in Dwight, IL.  

Its a modern building which houses this Church and when I first saw it, I thought this must be a new Parish.  I was amazed to find out that this parish was established in 1868.  That means it is 144 years old.

This is a link to their history page.




Pasted Graphic.tiff


Pastor, Fr. James Rickey

Today in the homily, Fr. James Rickey mentioned that the past three weeks, the Church has been repeating the lesson of the Real Presence of Christ in the Holy Eucharist.   To illustrate, he pulled out his cell phone and mentioned the old Verizon commercial where the man walks around asking, "can you hear me now?"  He said, that is what the Church is doing.  The Church is asking, "Can you hear me now?  The Eucharist is the Body, Blood, Soul and Divinity of Christ."

Then he said, "While I've got my cell phone out, I want to remind you to turn your cell phone off during the Mass."

Which made us laugh.

Anyway, if you're ever in Dwight, stop by and worship with them.  And if you have any extra money, send them some.  I'm sure they'll make good use of it.

Sincerely,

De Maria

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the interest, good to have you along again. I am thinking of running this team on either Tuesday or Wednesday nights, let me know if you have a preference based on your current gaming group. That's also a good point about making a post in the Gaming Table forum redirecting to here, since this thread only has 60 views in three days. I'll go ahead and do that now.

    Catholic Gifts

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for contributing.